cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: How to have someone from Customer Service actually care about a problem?

Hey @skris88, this is now sitting with another fixer group. As it could be a back end provisioning issue 😞 They're currently investigating anyway. It's definitely a complex fault which we're trying to get to the bottom of. Very sorry for the length of time this has taken. We'll be in touch anyway once we have further updates.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Glad to know you're still on this Jax.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Day 131.

Brad rang to say, "It's fixed, please test"!

So we rushed back to the office to try the landline (it's being forwarded to our boat mobile) and rang out.  Same problem.  

Sigh....  Smiley Mad 

In the last weeks they swapped the port from UniD-2 to UniD-1 (which was what it was when we were with iiNet (for 18 months, without a problem!!), and "...deleted and re-created the VoIP port".  

How can this be so hard?? Smiley Sad 

At least we're getting Service now  and not being ignored like when Javien and Justin at the Optus Cairns Centre store took our order....  Smiley Happy

Like I said before.  Stay tuned! 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Day 132 (Friday)

On Thursday I sent the following via Private Message....

• I was thinking, have they tried to simply copy the configuration for someone else's Internet/landline and then put it on our service (changing just the phone number of course). Sorry, am clutching at straws here... I mean, how hard can it be?? And it worked perfectly with iiNet for 18 months.

Friday morning the landline started working properly; callers could finally hear us when we answered!

Just checked now (Monday morning), and the landline is still fine (so it was not just a temporary "mirage")!

Many thanks to Jax_K and her team for caring and following upHeart

(No thanks to Javien and Justin of the Optus store in Cairns Central. Smiley Mad)

132 days.  Is this a record??

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One week later the landline is still working!  Smiley Happy

So this case can be closed.

132 days!!!!   Smiley Mad

But Optus give us a reimbersement for our costs, doesn't cover even a fraction of our lost revenue (we are down 25% from the same period last year), but appreciated.

So the answer to the question How to have someone from Customer Service actually care about a problem? 

1. don't ever go to the Optus store at Cairns Central (especially avoid the 2 Js)
  2. raise your issue on this forum (there is no other way to get one person to take ownership all the way)
  3. be persistent (it will take time, 132 days in our case)

Cheers everyone!

And thanks again to Jax_K and her team.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @skris88, I'm glad to hear that the phone line is still functioning and all is okay for now. I'm really sorry it took this long though 😞 If there's anything else you need help with, feel free to send me a message on here 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just an update.  

Sad to say, this issue needs to be re-opened.  Same problem: the landline is now dead again. 

We had an issue with No Caller ID being displayed on mobile phones called from this landline. So we were 'gently' chasing up.  

About 2 weeks ago we were told (not the first time) that issue as been fixed, to test and let the techs know.  Well, picking up the handset, there is now a continous Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep... tone.  The router has been rebooted. And the phone tried in the second Line socket on the router too, but no service.

Sure we are a small tourism business that does not have that many incoming calls, and forwarding calls to our mobile is a standard thing while we are out on tour.  But....  

We are getting support from Jax and her team through Private Messages.

Stay tuned for further updates.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My apologies.  Correction, not 2 weeks ago, 1 week.....

Re: Cairns Catchacrab caller ID problem

Hi, I've only just got into the office, however I received an email at 3pm yesterday from the Network team advising the caller ID issue, has as of today, been resolved. I assume it hasn't since you posted 20 minutes ago. Can you test this please and let me know?

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've replied via PM on the other thread. Best to keep the conversation in one spot if possible. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just to close this off, on Sunday January 23rd (after nearly 14 days without a landline) we were informed that the landline has been restored, as well as the Caller ID issue fix which triggered the line to stop functioning. We tested later that evening and all is now fine.  Hopefully it will continue to be fine going forwards!

Thanks to Scott_M and his team for following up and resolving this issue.

0 Kudos