cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to have someone from Customer Service actually care about a problem?

Day 104

A "new" problem.  

The landline has been ported. So our landline now rings when our customers ring us.  

But while we can hear the other party perfectly, they only hear a sputter or two of our side occassionally. The modem has been power cycled twice, and the handset changed to one that is tested working perfectly elsewhere.

Have informed Jax to assist with checks.

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In case you read this and wonder, this is still in progress.  

The good thing is that we get regular updates from Jax, so someone IS (finally) caring enough about a customer's problem.

Stay tuned....

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Day 113

Still ongoing...

Got a Private Message from Jax's team member.

Aparrently our landline number is still active in our previous provider's billing system which caused a conflict as they're a Wholesale customer of Optus'.

Sigh.

Customers still "can't" call us (we have redirected incoming calls to our mobile which is out on the bay and doesn't have a good signal, so we cannot really have a conversation with our customers/hotels ringing to make a booking), since - if use our landline - they cannot hear us. 

Should be sorted out "...by today".  ???  

Fingers crossed!

Stay tuned....

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hey @skris88, I've sent you a PM. Please remove the diversion and test it out when you have a chance. 🙂

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kris, hope you've been well. I'm back in the office and I've heard that this has finally been closed off as resolved and port complete. Hannah mentioned that that you still cannot receive calls and that we can't see any diversion here from our end? When you're back in this afternoon can you please let me know how you go as I can see you were saying you'd cancel the diversion at your end? I'm hoping this will all work now from this afternoon. Fingers and toes are crossed. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your efforts Jax.  You and your team cared! (If only it was easier to get caring support more easily!Smiley Happy)

I will be back in the office later this afternoon (no use going in when the phone cannot be used Smiley Frustrated) and will cancel the diversion to the boat's mobile phone. Then try again .  Perhaps you ring me at 4:30 PM NSW/VIC time (3:30 PM Queensland time)?

Regards,

Kris

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Will do Kris. Chat to you at 3.30.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Morning Kris, I'm going to book a technician to come out and check the line there. Will you be available on Wednesday afternoon between 12pm - 4pm? Jax

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Confirmed through Private Message in this forum:

Confirmed. Wednesday afternoon between 12pm - 4pm

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Day 124 Update 

The porting is "properly" completed now. But the same problem with the phone, ie. Internet is working, but landline can hear the calling or called party, but they still cannot hear us.

The on-site tech failed to turn up, and no one called to say she/he was not coming. Smiley Sad

Apparently it's now being looked at by "Adam of NBN".... 

0 Kudos