cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to have someone from Customer Service actually care about a problem?

Some activity at last!

Someone called the business owner while he is on a tour and the line was very bad. Something about the porting. He has NO idea what they said.

The line is still not ported over. 

Can somebody from Optus please contact me? I am the authorised rep for this business. You're then velcome to ring the business owner to verify I am authorised.

My details are on the private messages I have left (of which only one has been read).  I am now going to send a private message to all 3 of the Optus staff who have sent me a private message previously, hopefully one of them will read it. 

It's now Day 95.

( I missed Jax_K's message on Saturday afternoon - and he sent me 3 PMs! I only checked on Sunday. He was online!  Sigh....)

I am now checking these Yes Crowd forum PMs twice a day

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Kris, I can't see a PIN number here on the account. Can I give Tony a buzz or is he on tour? Jax

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We had a 1 hour and 40 mins online chat with Optus Sales.  

They've raised an order for a "new" landline phone service.  

To be active in less than 10 days.  

Stay tuned...

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Just sent you a PM Jax.  Please check there.  Thx.  

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jax has sent me several PMs and is on the case.  

At last someone in Customer Service who seems to follow through!  

Stay tuned.  The porting is due to be done by the 4th (Jax said so, this morning).

Fingers crossed...

It's exactly 14 weeks today.  98 days!  

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rubimarcus
New Contributor

Just the fact they are using the classless "I'm in the toilet" excuse would have triggered red flags for me. What ever happened to "I'm in a meeting". Just this would have shown me the amateurs u were dealing with. After this - the being hung up on and the passive aggressive "ur questioning my ethics" would have been peripheral noise to me. 

Go directly thru to the most senior person u can get by phone.  Be as friendly as u can, explain that u do not want to explain ur situation till u have a supervisor. Then say to that supervisor the same thing -I want to speak with ur supervisor. Intermate to them that something unconscionably illegal ocured and u could not possibly deal with repeating ur story again and again thus the need for the supervisor. If you keep ur tone to "it's not ur fault but somebody else's" they will pass u on to supervisor. If however they think they might be complained about they will do anything to not pass u on. 

I hope this helps. It helped for me and I had an 8month old problem fixed in 2 days. Oh and by the way. There is more than a few bad apples at Optus. Just saying!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another store junior I spoke to said their Queensland manager (in Brisbane?) was involoved and would ring me, but did not. After several days of this I insisted for his contact number but it was "....not possible".  All this went on for several weeks before I put it on this forum.

Anyway, it's in progress for now. Jax actions and responses looks like it's no longer on the back burner.

Sad that those 3 bad apples have made a mockery of Optus.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DAY 102

1:20 PM,  Monday, 3-Oct-2016

Since June 24 even though our landline stopped working incoming calls were still being forwarded by iiNet to our Optus mobile phone (at a cost to us).

It was working as recently as Saturday.

It has now stopped working. All our customers get now is a busy tone when they ring our landline.

Can someone from Optus please contact me (you have my mobile number)?

A private message has been sent to Jax re this as well.

Regards,

skris88

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No problem Kris. I can see its still in progress however shouldn't be too much longer. Jax

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DAY 103 - UPDATE 

RECEIVED

Re: Cairns Catchacrab landline porting
Sent: ‎2016-10-04 02:21 PM
Hey Kris, looks like its all good to go.
Can you please confirm if you're able to make and receive calls on that number? 

Hi Jax,

I went into to office and I could ring out, and also receive calls.  

The called party cannot hear me but that could be the handset.

Will check, otherwise will contact you again. 

Thanks for your assistance on this!

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Top Contributors