Searching...

How to delete/block a device from Optus wifi

Shorty65

How can  I block or delete devices from Optus wifi router? The parental controls do not work so I am having to remove devices. Can someone help? Thanks

Re: How to delete/block a device from Optus wifi

Jeneral__Pain

You can't "delete" a device from the network, because it knows the wireless password.

You can use MAC FILTERING but without knowing which "Optus device" you have, it's hard to point you in the right direction.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: How to delete/block a device from Optus wifi

Davelew

Hi

Change the password on you router/modem and don't tell the that password to the persons with devices you don't want on your network. You will, of course, have to reconnect your other devices with the new password.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
32 Kudos
16 Kudos