cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How to change my Optus email password?

In this article, we'll explain how to change your Optusnet email password using the Optus Webmail portal. If you can't remember your password, message us and we'll send you a text or email with a temporary password.

When you open the Optus Webmail portal, you'll see the login page below. If you can't remember your username, it's normally the primary username assigned to your broadband service. This can be found on your bill and My Account

Getting started

Optus webmail login page.JPG.png

1. Login to Optus Webmail using your existing username and password. If you’ve received a temporary password, you’ll need to use this one

Changing your Optus email password.jpg

2. Select the Settings tab from the top menu

3. Select Change Password

4. Enter your current password, you’ll need to enter your new password twice

5. Remember to Save Settings

TIP: Once you’ve changed your password, you’ll need to change your password on all of the devices you use to access your Optus email address.

Frequently asked questions 

Q: How can find my Optus email address/Optus Broadband username?

A: You can find your Optus Webmail username and password listed on the welcome email you received after signing up.

If you haven’t received your welcome email, check your junk/spam folder. Otherwise, message the team and they’ll be able to help.

Q: I’ve forgotten my Optus email username or password

A: Your primary Broadband username is also your primary OptusNet email address. You can find your username under the service summary on your bill.

If you’ve forgotten your password, you will need to contact us and ask us to send out a new temporary password via SMS or email. Change your password by following the steps above.

Q: Can I change my primary Optus email?

A: Yes, you can ask request to change your primary Optus email or ask us to add up to 14 secondary email address to your account. To change your primary email or to add a secondary email address, send our team a message. 

Q: What happens if I cancel, can I retain my Optus email address?

A: If you cancel an Optus service with an email address attached, you will no longer be able to keep your Optusnet email address. 

Once we cancel the service, your email address will remain active for a period of 90-days. After this time, you'll no longer have access to your Optus email. We suggest exporting your contacts and important emails to a new email client i.e. Outlook or Gmail.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My password is failing

I have tries to log in but my password fails. Now I am locked out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: My password is failing

I have tries to log in but my password fails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry for the inconvenience, @philserv. We are already aware of the issue with Webmail (REF#22859280) affecting many customers at the moment. Our Support team are definitely working on this as we speak. Unfortunately, there is no time frame for resolution at the moment. Apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can't log in to webmail or via Gmail app on Android 10 Galaxy S9, I got sick of the error message and deleted the account in Gmail app, now found that webmail is also broken 21 days after someone else wrote about the issue. What's going on? Pretty poor performance for a big telco, luckily I don't generally use my Optus email address, but it would be nice to have it if needed. Any updates? Are you going to implement secure signin etc on incoming & outgoing mail servers? It's kunda standard now, even just signing in to send unsecured via 25 would be better than nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @ManInBlack, the webmail issue was already fixed. There is no fault reported at the moment. Please refer to our → Email Support page for some troubleshooting. 

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How to change my Optus email password?

WHY can't I talk with a person, instead of going around and around and around and around  the sameOptus webmail how to paged that DO NOT answer my Q OR help me in any way

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @farrsp24, we're sorry for the run around here. If you would like to 'change' your OptusNet password, please follow the instructions listed on this page > How to change your OptusNet password. 

If you need to 'reset' your password, you will need to message us via the My Optus app: https://app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=OCAYCMSG. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Do you need your Optus email password reset, not changed?

As of today, customers no longer need to contact Optus just to have their Optus email password reset! It can now simply be done via the 
Webmail portal.

Please see: How to reset my Optus email password

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

0 Kudos