Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor india
New Contributor

How to Obtain an updated software image file from your ISP

Hi,

Can some one tell me how to Obtain an updated software image file from your ISP?

Here's some information -

F@ST™  3864 

Device Info

Board ID:F@ST3864V2
HardWare Version:253552181 
Serial Number:N7143261F006400 
Mac Address:18:1e:78:a8:19:e6
Symmetric CPU Threads:2
Build Timestamp:141219_1236
Software Version:7.276_F3864V2_Optus
Bootloader (CFE) Version:7.253.2
DSL PHY and Driver Version:A2pv6F039j.d25b
Wireless Driver Version:5.100.138.2008.cpe4.12L06B.4
Voice Service Version:Voice
Uptime:0D 1H 11M 11S

This information reflects the current status of your 'WAN' connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):812
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):3448
ShowtimeStart (seconds)4189
LAN IPv4 Address:192.168.0.1
WAN IPv4 Address:122.109.39.147
Default Gateway:198.142.131.31
Primary DNS Server:211.29.93.7
Secondary DNS Server:198.142.0.51
LAN IPv6 ULA Address: 
Default IPv6 Gateway: 
Primary IPv6 DNS Server: 
Secondary IPv6 DNS Server: 
Date/Time:Sat Jan 16 13:18:03 2016 

Any help would be highly apperciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Contributor Yahhump
Contributor

Re: How to Obtain an updated software image file from your ISP

Is there any specific reason why you want the firmware updated?

Do you have VOIP line with Optus as well?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Nostromo21
Occasional Contributor

I want to know the same thing. Your Sagemcom junkware has just crapped out overnight after a whole 5 days of suffering through it! Powet light comes on green, then goes red after a few secs. No other lights at all. Web interface (via cable LAN port 192.168.1.1) says:

Update Software

Step 1: Obtain an updated software image file.

Step 2: Enter the path to the image file location in the box below or click the "Browse" button to locate the image file.

Step 3: Click the "Update Software" button once to upload the new image file.

NOTE: The update process takes about 2 minutes to complete, and your Router will reboot.

Software File Name: 

So where the hell do I get the image from? The backup image I took after I finally got it working is no good or not compatible. And this after I spent all last weekend trying to get my TP-Link Archer D9 authenticating with your rubbish backend to no avail, probably just because you issued a ridiculously long username (xxxxxx_xxxxxx@optusnet,com.au)!!!

How do I get a simple, 6-8 character username issued that works so I can get my TP-Link up & running properly?

If this isn't back up & running by 3pm today I will be lodging a formal complaint with the ombudsman & churning away from you, as well as taking my mobile & all other business elsewhere. Enough is enough!

(a kind thanks to Nghi who has been PMing me & being very helpful, unfortunately all for nothing it would seem,..)

---------------

Just to add to the above, yes I have tried a factory reset & loading the backupsettings.conf file I backed up shortly after I finally got it working - but it just says "Image uploading failed. The selected file contains an illegal image." - I imagine the backup is just config, not the software image? To add further insult to injury, netiher Optus nor Sagemcom have the image file for the model F@ST 3864 OP to be found for download anywhere. Unbelievable! Or is the factory reset not working perhaps, given the router maintains the 192.168.1.1 gateway address I allocated to it (I didn't want to use the default 192.168.0.1 for various reasons)? Just push the pin in firmly until you feel the click & hold it for 10secs...? Any other button that needs to be pushed at the same time? 30 years in IT & I feel like I'm being reduced to a complete nuff nuff by this hardware. Thanks Optus.

New Contributor CChops
New Contributor