Searching...

How many people are in "congested" areas ?

richarcchan66

I have poor internet service during peak times due to congestion, to me this means that servces have been oversold for the capacity, Fetch TV pixelates and freezes any net based streaming is frustrating to use so no NextFlix, YouTube etc. Who else is experiencing this ? Also why don't Optus have a call back, why should I be expected to be on hold for over 30 mins waiting for someone to pick up the phone

Re: How many people are in "congested" areas ?

Tris

Hi richarcchan66, we're very aware of congestion when it's the case and always work to upgrade the network where necessary. Have you spoken with the tech support team to confirm you're actually impacted by congestion though?

Wait times have been a little longer than normal, we'll always answer as soon as we can. I've just checked the wait times for both our cable and DSLD tech support teams and it's currently under 1 minute for both groups. I'd really suggest giving us a call on 131344 so we can help you out

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

richarcchan66
It was your support team that told me I was in a congested area and there was nothing that could be done. I have been phoning your support team

richarcchan66

What time did you check the wait time, it seems that the only time that accounts is available is just after they open otherwise it's 30 minutes, why doesn't accounts have a callback facility like your support team ?

[ Edited ]
robquinton

Im in the mt druitt area and ive seen my speed drop over the past 6 months ,i called optus up to find out whats going on as im paying for ADSL2 and im getting speeds at 1.73mbps were i use to get 13.12mbps,all they could tell me is it was line congestion,with the speed im getting now i just cannot play games or stream movies to the tv as i get dropouts all the time..

rob

richarcchan66

richarcchan66
Yes and all we get back is I'm sorry to hear that have you tried phoning customer support,,,,,

Hollie

Hey Guys

Sounds like our tech team have advised that the exchanges you are connected to have already been flagged by our Engineers as experiencing some peak time local congestion, where speeds can expect to lower slightly during periods of higher traffic on the network. This essentially means that scheduled work is set to take place in order to perform capacity upgrades/ maintenance to help alleviate the current congestion being experienced during these times, however unfortunately there's no clear time frame on when this work will be carried out that we can advise of at this stage. This is certainly not the type of experience that we wish any of our customers to have - we understand that your Internet needs are important to you and as soon as we have any information on when the upgrades will take place we will let you know.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

richarcchan66
I have been told there are definitely no planned upgrades in my area of Malvern East / Carnegie
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
85 Kudos
80 Kudos
64 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos