Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How long does it take to get speed pack applied after 3 attempts

Hi,

My installation was April 4th and it was supposed to be included with the install but the installation technician told me it had not been applied. I then contacted Optus and the support staff applied the speed pack but I still do not get anything faster than 30MB, which I was getting before the speed pack was applied.

So after another 2 days I contacted live chat and the support staff then told me it had been applied but I had not get any change in speed so he applied it again,

Another 2 days had gone past and no change in speed so I called once more and was told that the support staff would do the change and call me back in 4 hours. That was 5 days ago and still no response.

I'm at the stage of calling the ombudsman to try to understand why a relatively simple procedure of boosting my speed to what I am being charged for isn't being done. 

If someone from Optus can help me I would be very grateful as I would also like to bring my phones across from Telstra, but if this is the type of support I get, then they can stay where they are.

Glenn

8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: How long does it take to get speed pack applied after 3 attempts

Is it Optus Cable or an NBN connection? If NBN, what type of connection?

Regardless of your answer to the above, also try switching your modem off for 3-5 mins and then back on to see if that triggers the change as well. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Apparently there are 3 knobs they have to twiddle at their end, and they can miss one.

Also it's possible that it has been applied and your line cannot go any faster. We don't yet know how often they are not able to supply decent bandwidth, because ACCC are still investigating

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

For me, there was something where the front end wasn’t being reflected in the back end.

I suggest you private message an Optus rep here to check it for you. They followed it up for me and now it’s working.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks SamSam

But after having the modem off for at least 30 mins there is no change. BTW, its cable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That's pretty odd advertising a speed and not being able to get anywhere near it. If that is the case then I would be better off without paying for the speed pack as before it was applied it was the same speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Lagger,

How do I get hold of an Optus rep though?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

10000000GB was referring to NBN in particular where there's a whole thing occuring around advertising speeds that were unattainable but that applies to different technology that what you're on so don't stress to much.

Look at this link here. Any person with moderator under their screen name is someone who can help. Click on their name and then click on the "send private message" button on their profile.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again SamSam for your help and advice.

0 Kudos