cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
shigs56
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How do you change your direct debit details?

As per title.  Easy, you say, just follow the menu.

But it doesn't work.  I bring up a screen with the 'old' account (which we want to close), click edit and change the details.  Save.  The changes are ignored and the old account is still shown.  Try another way:  delete the old account, then add the new account.  The old account details are revived and the new ones are thrown away.

So I try to get on live chat but the live chat links are completely dead.  Clicking on them does nothing.  Presumably these only work for IE6 or something.

So we are left with phoning Optus' 24/7 friendly and professional support staff.  Unfortunately we have other things to do to-day.

Once again, Optus is pathetic.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: How do you change your direct debit details?

Hey @shigs56 - it certainly is an easy process, really odd that you're experiencing such issues. Terribly sorry. Have you tried using another browser? Generally speaking, our systems work better using Chrome. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
shigs56
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No, it is not an easy process.

Your system is broken.

I have a PDF transcript of a chat session with 'Danna' dated 6 March 2018 in which s/he stated that s/he had 'sent the request to the back-end team' to have the obsolete account removed from our record.

Danna • 11:00 AM
I have requested to delete the autopay details on the old account ************* - Cancel Autopay Reference Number: V_7429892, P_4037016
You • 11:01 AM
OK then; when should this request be fulfilled; i.e., when will the obsolete account disappear from our display?
Danna • 11:01 AM
Please allow us 48-72hours for that. Thanks

but guess what?  it is still there.  So no, I utterly reject your assertion that it is easy;  not even your own staff can do it.

0 Kudos
shigs56
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Generally speaking, your system doesn't work very well at all on any browser.

In particular, live-chat does not work on Linux using either Chromium, Firefox or Qupzilla.  That has been the case for several months now.

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I'm sorry that you've had this kind of experience trying to modify the direct debit details.

Appreciate that it hasn't been the simplest of tasks to resolve, however we cannot discuss direct debit/card details here on social media.

Please give our Customer Care team a call on 133 937 (Mon - Fri: 8:00am- 7:00pm) so we can assist you further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
unimpressed
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been trying to chnage my direct debit details for 3 days. go to My Account, receive We are performing scheduled maintenance.

For 3 business days? Why not schedule it after hours?

Now I am getting:

"Oops! Looks like the page you were looking
for may be down or is no longer available"

This is from the second largest ISP in Australia. They can't even keep their own site up.

And I don't understand why you have to be redirected to the old site for cable broadband.

This is something I expect if you bought out another ISP, but this has always been optus.

Unimpressed/

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the delayed response @unimpressed. What browser are you using? Can you try via Chrome? Generally our systems work best via Chrome. 

0 Kudos
unimpressed
New Contributor
New Contributor

Don't pretend it was an issue at my end. I use firefox and have always used firefox and have never had issues connecting before.

I do note that no-one has replied with instructions on how to change direct debit on a cable internet connection.

It shouldn't be so hard for an internet company to have a usable website.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

There are some limitations for certain Optus products, namely Optus Cable broadband, resale broadband and Optus TV featuring Foxtel.

The Optus Cable Network uses a different billing system to most of our other services. Some functions within My Account will operate a bit differently to your other services in My Account, including:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
unimpressed
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am aware of what you say, but the question is why?

Why can't I manage an internet account over the internet?

I can manage my optus mobile account over the internet.

I know they are different systems, but optus have been claiming for more than 4 years they are merging the systems.

You don't think it's weird that an internet company requires you to print a form and send it via snail mail?

I guess optus will close  down before they let us manage our internet account over the internet.

Anyway, this is a pointless discussion so I'm ending it.

0 Kudos