cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Iceblock
Occasional Contributor

How do you bridge a Sagecom3864v3 with Asus RT AC68U?

Hi I am not too tech savvy and after reading a lot of posts on the subject of bridging, I am lost. Is there a simple step by step guide for tech dummies to bridge the Sagecom with an RT AC68U so that it all works ok? I have a FTTN connection and from what I have read I assume I do need to bridge the Sagecom, I am not worried about using the landline. Thank you

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Moderator Eveline

Re: How to bridge Sagecom3684v3 with Asus RT AC68U

Have you tried the steps on this page >  Bridging your NBN Modem/Router?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eveline, I followed your link and it looks quite simple on that post, my new router arrives next week so I will give it a go and report back, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Moderator Eveline

No worries! Let us know how you go Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: How do you bridge a Sagecom3864v3 with Asus RT AC68U?

The RT-AC68U is a router. The Sagemcom is a modem-router and, thanks to Optus, cannot be bridged. You should purchase the DSL-AC68U for FTTN (to replace the Sagemcom) if you don't require a VOIP connection.

Recommend you do a search of Yes Crowd and you will find an answer about how to proceed with the RT-AC-68U.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Newline thanks for the info, I have read a lot of posts about bridging the Sagecom with an RT-AC68U and there seems to be various results but never a clear cut winning formula. Based on what you have advised, that the Sagecom cannot be bridged, I guess this explains why. The DSL-AC68U seems to be the easiest way to go.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well I now have a DSL-AC68U, there is a strong Wi Fi signal but it won’t connect to internet. I followed the setup guide but have had no luck in getting internet. Once again after drowning in a sea of  previous posts and comments I have got no further , any ideas?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

First, I'm not expert about this modem. Fortunately, several people have had similar issues with it. An Internet search turns up a lot of related information. This https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2644117 is probably the best I have found that is appropriate for Optus NBN FTTN. Read it all before proceeding. If you still have problems, may be wise to contact ASUS (Optus will not help for third-party modems).

First thing to do is remove ASUS modem and reconnect Optus modem. If you still have working internet connection, proceed with settings for ASUS modem shown in above link. Do them with the ASUS disconnected from the NBN. Then, remove Optus modem and connect ASUS. If Optus modem does't get an Internet connection, contact them - they may have to get your NBN port(s) reset.

Important thing to note is that Optus use DHCP for NBN connections (not PPoE) - no user name or password is required. Good luck.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This https://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1015709 may be a better first step (after the Optus modem is first tested)..

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your time and the links, I will give it a try and report back.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors