Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor NigelB
New Contributor

How do I set up the Optus spam filter?

Hi guys,

How can I set up the or adjust the settings on the spam filter for my Optus email address? I used to be able to find it in webmail (I think) but I can't find it anymore.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Tags (3)
10 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: How do I set up the Optus spam filter?

Hi @NigelB - Extremely sorry for the delayed response. Since originally posting, have you been able to reach a resolution? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor NigelB
New Contributor

No. No-one has replied, so I still don't know the answer.

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @NigelB, to block an email you just have to click on report spam button. Checkout more details on this here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/internet-security-phishing-fake-emails-hoax-websites?req... .

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor NigelB
New Contributor

Hi there,

Yes, I realise that - I've been doing that for years!!

My question was actually about setting up a spam filter so that I don't get so many spam emails every day on my Optus account.

I get about 20 a day and would like to tighten up my filter.

How do I do that??? There used to be a way with Optus but I can't find it anymore.

Tags (2)
New Contributor NigelB
New Contributor

Hi there,

Yes, I realise that - I've been doing that for years!!

My question was actually about setting up a spam filter so that I don't get so many spam emails every day on my Optus account.

I get about 20 a day and would like to tighten up my filter.

How do I do that??? There used to be a way with Optus but I can't find it anymore.

Tags (1)
New Contributor Cseaholme
New Contributor

Same with me. I've been hitting "report Spam" to email from, for eg. contact@fleffy.com with various fake prize scams, but I still get email from this address. How do we filter?

Tags (1)
Moderator Marie

Hey @Cseaholme, I've replied to your other post about this. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor KHR
New Contributor

Hello All. My spam filter in webmail picks up a lot of spam but I'm getting at least 30 spam emails into my inbox every day as well. I have been forwarding spam email to report@submit.spam.acma.gov.au then transferring the email to spam folder. Trying to phone Optus for technical advice about this has proved impossible. Can someone advise whether it is possible for Optus to  remedy the problem. The time it is taking me to login to webmail to deal with spam each day, and the risk it is posing to my systems if I open outlook, is too great. If it can't be secured I will need to close my Optus email account and consider transferring to another provider. My secondary question is regarding option to choose when phoning Optus technical support about email spam. Should I select internet or mobile? All roads lead to long waits then disconnection. 

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@KHR Unfortunately there is little we can do from our end to stop people messaging you once they have gained your email address. This guide will provide some tips and tricks to follow → Internet Security: Spam, Spyware & Viruses.

Your OptusNet email is a component of your internet plan so you would need to speak with internet tech support for assistance.

0 Kudos