Searching...
Highlighted

How do I delete a secondary email account?

[ Edited ]
brumdave

How on earth do you delete a secondary email account from Optus, their website is as clear as mud so it seems that I have to phone Optus to delete an account which is totally insane, I have been an Optus customer for over 15 years but it seems to me that Optus do not want people to open email accounts in the Optusnet name, my $150 per month account will be closed completely after August 2020 its all getting to hard, wake up Optus other providers make email address opening and shutting simple, for me Voda are looking pretty good.

Re: Email Problems

Yeldarb

Yep the my account portal is a dogs breakfast and has been that way for many years. It's almost as if they have got half way through updating it then gave up. Email management disappeared somewhere during the process and subsequently everything relating to email management has to go through support staff.

brumdave

Hi there and thanks for the reply, I phoned optus to delete an email address that I have been using for about 12 months, I received an email on it yeterday morning and sent a reply on the same email address last night, I spent ages on optus chat only to find that they have no real record of the said email account, it seems that the email account is not connected to any Optus Account, how in the heck can an unaccossiated email account get through Optus Webmail?, they really have lost the plot and to think that I have recommended Oprus to lots of people over the years, not anymore sorry.

Yeldarb

I can't help but wonder how much extra work and confusion they have created for their support staff. Something that was once easily maintained by the user now has to rely on support staff to make changes. I can only suggest you contact support and ask again that they the remove the account. I would also ask for an employee ID and reference number if you can. Assuming your email address is not associated with any service I wouldn't have thought there would be any problems in removing it.

Ray_YC

We’ve optimised your post to help users better understand what the topic is about and your question to be answered more clearly by the Yes Crowd community. 

It sounds like it's not listed in My Account under your Profile?

Did the unwanted e-mail you received provide an option to opt out / unsubscribe?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

brumdave

Sorry I have just given up I have an Optusnet email account that I have been using for months, it is not even connected to my account and according to your help it cannot be deleted.          

I have no way of managing email in My Account because my account starts with 62 which is insane.

Between that and paying over $140pm for unlimited broadband with fetch also a mobile I am pretty over Optus, why? Because at times I cannot access fetch catchup also I have laptop download speeds as slow as 14 kb sec.

I will hang in there until next year then switch providers, Optus used to be great but they seem to have bit the dust.

Ray_YC

Disappointing to hear it cannot be resolved that way.

My suggestion from here would be if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. If they initially can't help they should have access to contacts to assist them that the frontline support staff may not have.

If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos