Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor SEC
New Contributor

How do I contact optus from overseas?

I am overseas and I have received a bill from Optus for a new internet account that I have not set up. I need to email them or find an online contact point as I do not have phone coverage and as it is not my mistake, I should not be required to make an international call to resolve it. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to actually speak to someone, rather than being pushed in a total loop. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do I contact optus from overseas?

Have you tried the live chat link below?

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey SEC, really sorry that the way's you've tried getting in touch didn't really get you the help you needed. You can call us for free on +61 2 8082 5678 from your Optus service to speak with our customer service teams between 8am and 7pm ADST or use the chat link Yeldarb has posted above.

0 Kudos
New Contributor deep23
New Contributor

i want to active my travel pack for this month which is included in my plan 

thanks ......

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

You'll just need to activate via the App 🙂 If you're having troubles, please PM us with some account info for e.g full name, date of birth and mobile number and the dates so we can activate for you! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor Gerryb
New Contributor

I moved overseas from Australia to UK permanently in November 2018 and attempted to pay off and close my account prior to leaving Australia. I subsequently continued to receive bills by email and again phoned from UK in February and requested a pay out fee and paid this immediately in full and was informed by Optus that my account was closed. I was informed this was the final payout and my account was now cleared.

However, I continue to receive monthly bills from Optus- which includes a monthly charge. For services I have not used since November.

Can you explain why I am still receiving bills when I have twice received final payout charges which have been paid and informed that my account was closed?

What Optus services am I still being charged for and why?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kyrabeitans
New Contributor

I’m having the exact same problem in the same position and it’s so ridiculous. Ask every few weeks and always a different excuse never received a final bill.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue.
This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos