Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Elizab3th
Occasional Contributor

Re: How can I create a secondary email address

Hi Dan,

I suggest you contact Optus Help. As previously advised in an earlier part of this thread, my interface page, and I am sure many others hence their problems, does not provide the same menu items as you have. I did ask Help about this, and I was told they have changed the interface page as part of their changes. Not all customers have the "old" interface. ie the one you have. 

So you really need to have a discussion with Optus Help about this to find out the absolute ins and outs. I have no idea what plans or service types would have what interface pages. You are aware of my service type from a previous post in this thread including a snippet of my page. That is really all I can offer you.

I really think it is the responsibility of Optus to provide up to date information to its paid moderators when it comes to services and how customers can manipulate (or not) those services through their My Account. Surely keeping moderators well educated about Optus services and issues is part of Optus responsibility to enable sound customer care.

Clearly "consistent information across the board" is not happening because you were unable to help and indeed my earlier contact with Optus Help was unable to help me and in fact advised that I could not have any other emails. This was also the experience of the other posters.

You need to have the full understanding and Optus needs to make that education.

Cheers

Cheers

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @Elizab3th, I'm sorry you've been left feel this way, Dan's one of our experts so I definitely don't think any misinformation provided was intentional.

We'd like to help out further, if you wish. You'll just need to PM us as Dan touched on above. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Elizab3th
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your post and concern.

I am ok now that I know how to have additional emails created which is through Optus Help and not through My Account.

I don't need any further assistance from Dan thank you for asking. I was only trying to let Dan know that he would be better to ask Optus what services are no longer able to create additional emails. As I mentioned, I was told by Optus help on Thursday night, that Optus have changed the interface for (the) My Account. Though it seems not for all.

So there is a complexity of issues which impact whether or not a customer's My Account gives them the feature to create new email addresses. Firstly, if a customer's interface has changed they will not be able to access the additional emails feature (as I once was able to do). The other matters which might be an issue is the service type or indeed how and when Optus is rolling out these interface changes.  I say this because as an Optus customer, we have always used mobile for our internet (and satelitte for internet) and phones as we do not have a land line, and I was able to set up additional emails. This clearly and as described by Optus help on Thursday many customers are no longer able to do. 

The above being the case and also the complexities which might impact on a customer's My Account interface, I thought it best for Dan to seek clarification from Optus as it seems to me there are a number of layers and variations to those layers which preclude or enable the My Account interface to give customers the interface page to set up additional emails. I suggest my service may not be the only service where the interface can be different.

Also it was not my intention to convey that Dan was giving incorrect information intentionally. My gripe is that Optus clearly have not made these issues known to its helpers such as Dan, and indeed their own Help desk - as I have experienced. Further, they have not bothered to change their Help articles which I have now mentioned to Optus help on 2 occassions. Those two things alone are enough to peeve any customer. Good grief what are the Help articles for if not to provide Help in the first instance? That the article(s) are so erroneous and poorly constructed, eg some sort of explanation to customers that the interface might have changed and if so then please call/chat with Help to have additional emails created or the like. How hard is it for Optus keep their Help articles up to date and give its staff up to date information to assist customers?

Please be reassured I have no gripe with Dan. Optus should be looking after helpers, staff and customers alike.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Elizab3th - Apologies for all the issues you've had with your enquiries getting sorted. At Optus we do try our best to help each customer and get all their enquiries sorted in the most easy and timely manner. We really appreciate the time you've taken out and giving us your feedback regarding Optus products and My account. I'll certainly pass this to our products and IT team. Please do let us know if you still need a hand with My account or anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor treezie
New Contributor

how do i create a secondary email address with optus

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lion75
New Contributor

Hi there

For what it's worth, the option to create email address in the portal is still not there.

I understand the need to protect against identity theft etc but it makes it very inconvenient to have to contact the help desk each time; it's also going against the whole trend of devolving more capability to the end user for them to avoid having to contact someone each time they need to make a simple change 

Is it possible that either :

- The instructions on the portal are updated so that everyone knows what the correct procedure is, or

- The ability to create, edit, update, and delete secondary emails is returned to the My Account portal

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

All valid points @Lion75

For clarification, are you referring to the instructions outlined in the, "How to add/remove additional Email accounts support article", or within the My Account portal itself? 

To be honest, I'm not sure if the functionality was removed for reasons relating to privacy/security. I was under the impression that we're working on restoring some of the lost functionality. 

I've reached out to the team and asked if it's something that's on their agenda.

In the meantime, we do have the ability to edit any outdated Yes Crowd or Help and Support articles. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos