New Contributor

How can I create a secondary email address

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How can I create a secondary email address

You can do that via the Optus My Account portal. Have a look at the link below for instructions.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-add-or-remove-additional-email-accounts?requestTy...

10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

But don't. You just get trapped with the ISP. Use independent email addresses.

ReallyMODEDoff
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Glad it worked for you. I can't follow the directions.

Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @ReallyMODEDoff, I've changed your username to something less offensive. Please let me know if you would like to amend this to something in line with the community guidelines.

Can you please advise where you are getting stuck in adding a second email? → How to Add or Remove Additional Email Accounts

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Elizab3th
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This does not work any more it seems. I cannot find any ability to setup additional accounts. I  have also called Optus who tell it can't be done even though this link still advises. http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-add-or-remove-additional-email-accounts?requestTy...

I did some years ago set up additional email addresses for family members, but not anymore it seems.

Very disappointing Optus and false advertising.

0 Kudos
Scott55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here spent 90min being told you can do it but not resolving why I cant do it  no good....

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Scott55, definitely something you can do!

Please follow our step by step guide here. Let us know how you go 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
mj2au
New Contributor
New Contributor

No you cannot do it, there is no links that I can find to manage additional email accounts... any more. I have 2 secondary email accounts that I have had for over 3 or 4 years but any links to managing them are no longer there. The instructions quoted in the previous post just dont match what we see on our account page.

So the question remains, how do we add/remove/manage additional email accounts?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Elizab3th
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

There is definitely no way to add extra email addressess. I used to be able to and did setup family member's email addresses in OPTUS, to find it can no longer be done. This is despite OPTUS advising in their article, including the one @scott5 espouses, that you can "add/remove" up to 14 additional (4 for older plans) secondary usernames for email access". Now unless this is is a whole lot of double speak, which is no less offensive and in all likelihood illegal, OPTUS is falsely advertising.

This is especially so considering I have experience where I COULD add additional email accounts for the family and now cannot but OPTUS still has the hook that I can.

DISGRACEFUL.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors