cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How Do I Get a Replacement Modem & Get My FTTN Line Fixed?

My OLDER Version SAGEM 3864 has a dead 4 Port Switch and the line is (or connection to the node) is failing. This has been slowly getting worse for the last 3 months and I have tried calling a number of times and using online chat, nothing worked. (Ironically since the day 2 NBN technicians were at my FTTN box) It now doesn't stay online more than 2-3 hours. It then takes anything between 30 mins and 2 hours to re-connect. I might also add my connection speed is supposed to be 100mbps and was wound down to 50mbps (a constant 47mbps-49mbps), but now I am luck to get more than 16mbps down and 8-9mbps up......... pretty crap for $135/mth.

P.S I have been through all of the "connection guides" and reset the modem to default more than once.....the situation is still the same

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How Do I Get a Replacement Modem & Get My FTTN Line Fixed?

Hello @Gemini5

I can understand it would be fustrating to get slower speeds then usual, due to Covid-19 there is high traffic than normal as alot of people are working and studying from home and using streaming services.

As you have done the troubleshooting already, I would reach out to us through Messenger, leaving your full name and the fact you need someone to replace your faulty modem.

Hope this helps, stay safe

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How Do I Get a Replacement Modem & Get My FTTN Line Fixed?

Hi @Mick_YC

Thanks for the reply.

The speed reduction I have is not related to Covid-19. It has been dropping in stages since December. No-one has responded to my phone calls previously.... I am going way back 6 and 8 weeks ago. Nothing was done.

So to that end I need 2 things done...a new modem supplied and/or fitted and my line checked...as I am totally wasting money paying for 100MB service I can't get.

I have tried the Messenger (OPTUS) app on my phone and it freezes up every time I enter different pages, I can't pay bills, recharge mobiles or message as I am supposed to, and my phone is only 3 months old. Is there another way I can message the right people?

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos