Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Sp0rk
New Contributor

Horrible customer service and account management

I have been a customer of Optus Internet for what must be close to 10 years now and I honestly don't know how I have lasted so long considering the absolutely horrific customer service I have experienced in that time.

From headaches getting my initial connection setup back when I first joined, to upgrading my account, technical service when things weren't quite working correctly and moving house twice, your customer service team don't seem to be able to get things quite right with the promise to either call me back or get back to me within x business days only for me to not hear anything and to have to start the whole process again.

My latest dilemma for example... I moved house 4 months ago and yet every month since the move I have been billed for my old service AND my new one, effectively doubling my bill and each time I have had to jump online and chat with your customer support for an hour or so (of which I the have all the logs) until they apparently resolve the issue only for it to crop up the following month and I need to repeat the process.

To add insult to injury last night your online chat wasn't working (which is a shame as I would have liked the logs for evidence), so I ended up on the phone for 90 mins to your customer support only to discover now that I have now been charged a cancellation fee for the old service, something that was supposedly waived with the relocation request, I am now expected to wait for someone to contact me when I know from previous experience, this is unlikely to happen.

For something that should be a simple relocation request, having to deal with account issues for four months is a joke, to make things worse this also happened in my first move only it took you approx SIX months to correct that issue, how can your customer service be so abysmal? You seriously need to work on your CRM.

I've also been signed up to e-billing for as long as I can remember and while everything in my account shows that I should be receiving my bills via email, I haven't recieved a single one in over a year, yet something else your customer service can't resolve and all I get is "it should work from next month"

I'm now in the process of looking for a new ISP, I assume I would lose my current optusnet email account when my account is cancelled? While a shame I guess is a small price to pay 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor Sp0rk
New Contributor

Re: Horrible customer service and account management

for anyone in a similar situation where optus don't appear to care much for the customers experience and drag issues out over several months, you can lodge a complaint with the TIO

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Horrible customer service and account management

Hi @Sp0rk - thanks for taking the time to write this up. I can appreciate this experience has been extremely frustrating and I apologise for how long it's taken to have this resolved. 

To answer your question, yes you would lose your Optus net email address if you were to switch to another provider.

If you'd like me to investigate your experience/the billing side of things, please send me a private message confirming your account number, full name and DOB. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos