Searching...

Home wireless broadband is not usable

Joey-arema

Hi guys,

Is it just me, or Optus wireless broadband has been going slower than a snail? I can’t barely use it in the past couple of weeks. I can’t even login to my banking app on my iPhone because it’s too slow. That’s how bad it is. 

I logged in to the admin console of my modem and I saw it got 4G, but from speedtest I only got 1.7Mbps down/0.52 up. While with Voda on my iPhone I get 68Mbps down/6 up. 

Has Optus been shaping all its customers to 3G speed for no reason and without notice/warning? Anyone experience the same issue around Baulkham Hills area?

Cheers. 

Re: Home wireless broadband is not usable

Paddylee

Have a look at the outages here:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/network/coverage

Is a tower down in that suburb and a few others around that suburb so woudl have higher then normal load ont he remaining towers.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Joey-arema

Been 2 weeks though. I would expect Optus had better SLA than this. Said down tower is not the closest to my address tho, so can it really affect my speed?

Paddylee

If a tower thats not the closest to you goes down due to maintenance or due to an outage then the devices that were connecting to that tower have to go elsewhere, and that means the surrounding towers now pick up the load.

Were the speeds as expected before this issue?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

Joey-arema

I didn’t do speed test before the issue, unfortunately I can’t compare how it was compare to my Vodafone. Youtube and HD streaming were totally fine tho. 

Hope Optus is picking up the slack asap, otherwise similar case like “vodafail” back in the days will surely happen to Optus. I’m so unhappy. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
77 Kudos
68 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
25 Kudos