Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home phone

Hi, desperatly need help resolving. Home phone has no dial tone however it will ring when incoming call but  I cannot answer...when I pick up I can faintly hear the ringing in the earpiece. I've tried all the troubelshooting, switch off, switch on, disconnect from modem, unplug cables, etc. What is worse in OPTUS poor customer support! This has been going for more than 2 months yet it's impossible to contact them...despite 1+hour calls then cut off advising call centre closed. After many days waiting for further contact from my message, I received a voicemail to call the customer support number. gues what...their message said it was CLOSED! any help appreciated or maybe I should just go to TIO. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Home phone

Hey @InEEDhELPnOW, we all know how important a landline phone can be. Here are a few suggestions that might help. Due to Covid-19 our team members are spread very thin across our centres.

It definitely sounds like you tried everything you can and because the phone is critical to your needs. I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by DavidYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

· Desktop users

· Mobile users 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Home phone

Nice response but totally useless...I've been messaging through the app and still no closer to speaking to anyone or getting the phone line fixed.
What's more you forced me to download your app to communicate with you...then your app suggests I post on facebook or twitter. WTF!
If I don't hear from anyone and get actual action to fixing my problem in the next few hours then I'm lodging with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsmen.
0 Kudos