Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home phone

We are trying to get our home phone repaired. It has not been working for over three weeks now. the number is *hidden* and we have tried several connection plugs in the house but none work. Please adbvise when someone can call and repair this service. My mobile is *hidden*. Tony

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Home phone

@TonyW wrote:

we have tried several connection plugs in the house but none work.

The phone needs to be plugged into the "Phone 1" port of the Optus modem, not the old phone wall connectors (unless you paid for a cabler to do that work).

I assume you recently moved to NBN and the phone has never worked, correct?

Also, this is a public forum and should remove your phone numbers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up Tony as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

We have hidden your personal information on our online public forum. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the Community Guidelines. Thank you!

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet)

· No phone connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had the NBN installed on tuesaday 28/07 the bundle included home phone told this would be working 24hrs Its been 3 days now and still not working. Been on the phone for 4 hrs for the past 2 days with n oanswer, waiting to get this fixed, how are you supposed to contact if i cannot leave a contact number. What do I need to do to get this fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

How is your NBN speed? If your speed is less then 12Mbps down then your are probably in 4G backup mode, and in 4G backup mode the phone does not work.

0 Kudos