Home phone will not register on my gateway F@st 5366 TN modem

my home phone will not register on my new gateway F@st 5366 TN modem

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Home phone

G'day @alexC8

How has the service been configured on your side? Have you followed the instructions within the quick start guide? Do you have the base of the landline handset plugged into the voice port on the back of the modem (you'll need to use the grey connector cable with the white tips)? 

If that's all fine, can I confirm whether this is brand-new service, or have you simply replaced your old modem with the new 5366TN? Is there a dial tone at all or any automatic dial back prompt stating that the service has been disconnected or is inactive? 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor alexC8
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan_C There is no dial tone at all and automatic dial back prompt states that the service has been disconnected. alexc8
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Is your internet working? Have you just move over to the NBN? It can take some times for the landline to migrate over. 

Is the telephone light ON at the front status panel?

As per @Dan_C please check that you are connecting your home phone directly to your the modem(green port on the right)

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sillygogo. I have been on NBN for over 12 months (my home phone worked on my old optus modem Gateway F@st 3864OP NBN). The telephone light is NOT on on the front status panel.My home phone is connected directly to the green Phone 1 port. alexC88
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

SillyGogo I forgot to mention everything else is working,but no home phone. alexC8
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@alexC8 If your phone and internet are both working then changing the modem shouldn't affect the services. The modem will get the phone's setting and continue. I have changed modem many times and the phone just reconnect itself without my intervention.

Suggestion is do a hard reset on your new modem. Make sure it is the device to the connection, eg if it is HFC then it is the first device after the NBN box, etc. Give it about 5 minutes to download the settings and see if that resolve the issue. The telephone icon should light up on the front panel.

IF not then try another phone and contact optus to see if there is an outage with your phone.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi SillyGogo. I have done all you suggested, I talked to Optus and all they keep telling me is that the case manager is still working on my problem. One thing I have noticed is because my home phone and mobile are paired when my mobile rings I can answer it on my home phone. Thanks alexC8
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Hi @alexC8 ,

did Optus say that your home phone is not active? It is strange if that is the case, maybe someone done something to your service when they order the new modem. If it is not active then would need to wait till it is sorted and follow up with Optus every couple of day. Ask to see if they would divert calls to your mobile and credit you for the cost of call made from your mobile instead of the home phone.

sounds like you have one of those uniden Bluetooth cordless phone that link to your mobile. If that is the case, I suggest you connect a corded old school phone to the modem and see if that works. Also, is the phone icon lid up on the front panel?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi SillyGogo. I do have a Uniden cordless phone which did work on my old modem. I am starting to believe someone has changed something as I tried my phone on my old modem and it is the same as the new modem not working. alexC8
0 Kudos