Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Home number ported without notification or consent

Hi I changed to NBN last week and family tried to call but could not get through. After calling I was shocked to find Optus changed my phone number. They said there is no way to get it back. How can this be? 

Can anybody suggest. It is my number. I Feel violated. Am very anxious 

7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Home number ported without notification or consent

When you transfer to the NBN, they have to port your number across to function on the NBN network. 

I would suggest visiting www.optus.com.au/complaints and logging a complaint via the form. They’ll get in touch with you and try to resolve it.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello

thank you for reply

i know 2 people whinare with Optus that did not have their number changed. 

Also so I was not told of this change. I would have not gone through with this if I knew   

Dors optus do call diversions? I need my number diverted. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hi @Noy, I just want to make sure that we're completely across the issue here.

We've migrated your existing Optus broadband service (ADSL or Cable) across to the NBN network, we've given you a brand-new number rather than the original Optus number you had?

Depending on the Network we're migrating you from, we may give you a temporary phone number. Once we've ceased the old Optus service, the number should be allocated to your NBN broadband service. 

If you'd like us to go in and take a look, we can definitely do that for you. You'll need to send us a private message with your details?

I need your full name, DOB and the Home phone number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. How do I private message. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Click on my profile name/handle → Click Private message.

Let us know once that's been sent through. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan

I clicked on profile name but there is no private message option

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Ah, that's odd :S

Try this link → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos