Searching...

Home line problem fixed, but speed severely downgraded

Annehas

My home internet was finally fixed today after having no dial tone, and the DSL internet continually dropping out (losing sync with the exchange)..... (this was the second time this fault occurred, first time was in December with no reduction in speed as a result).

BUT my download connection speed is down from over 20,000kbs to 6140kbs and upload speed down from over 1000 to 737.

I have currently been on hold trying to contact technical support for over 25 minutes. - NOTE: I work full time and only get 45 minutes for my lunch break and can't remain on hold forever.

I've recieved an automated SMS asking if the fault has been fixed, which to a point it has, but I also have a Fetch TV subscription, and I fear that the lower connection speed will mean it's unusable.

So.....what do I do?

Reply that the fault is fixed (I have a dial tone and a stable internet connection so far) or not fixed (due to the massive reduction in connection speed)

If anyone from Optus can reply, it would be much appreciated. I can supply the REF # to the right person.

Regards

Anne

PS: since starting to type this message, i've now been on hold for over 35 minutes.

Re: Home line problem fixed, but speed severely downgraded

Ray_YC

Hi there, Anne.

Based on what you've described, I would suggest it's fixed overall.

If the Fetch turns out to be unusable then another fault will need to be logged. I'm happy to take a look at the REF #.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Annehas

Thanks Ray,

The reference number is 20639103.

I hooked up my old modem which gives me more information than the Optus supplied modem.

It tells me my connection type is ADSL2+, my current rate is 6140 kpbs and my maximum rate is 18932 kbps. 

It seems my line has had DLM (digital line management) applied to limit the connection speed. 

How do I get DLM removed.

Between Fetch and online gaming, I need a faster connection, which up until the past couple of months, I've had no problems with the service.

Regards

Anne

Highlighted

Ray_YC

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Based on that, I now suggest replying 'FAULT' as soon as possible before the ticket is closed and providing the additional information when you are contacted. That is the last note on the ticket, waiting for a response to the text message sent.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos