cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home Wireless Broadband and Fetch TV Mini

Hello,

As I am renting and internet is not available at my residence, I signed on for a Home Wireless Broadband 200GB plan.

It works really well and I get pretty good speed (like ADSL2).

I was given FOC a Fetch TV mini when I also signed on to a mobile plan, and I also have a subscription to the EPL.

When I connect the Fetch TV mini via wireless or ethernet  cable to the the Huawei Home Wireless Broadband modem, I cannot watch any Optus TV channels, for example I cannot watch any EPL channels, whether live or classic/replay matches they have constantly going - when selecting a channel, the Fetch box comes up with a message "cannot watch channel while tethered to mobile phone, streaming not available via mobile data".

However, I can watch ALL on demand channels perfectly (I.e match replays, goals of the week etc.), as well as other things like "catch-up TV", Netflix, Stan etc.

I called support and they guided me through a soft reset, but it still doesn't work! Please help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Home Wireless Broadband and Fetch TV Mini

Morning Jimb0000 - just so we're on the same page, you've signed up for a Home Wireless broadband and that working fine, but have also tried to use a Fetch Mini on the Home Wireless Broadband? The devices aren't compatible so that's what may be causing your issues.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Home Wireless Broadband and Fetch TV Mini

Why is it, on the new 200/500GB Optus Mobile Broadband plans, can a retail purchased Fetch TV work on the platform, but an Optus YesTV Fetch box, cannot?

0 Kudos