Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ajmorris
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Home Wireless Broadband Unusable

So over the past couple of months, i've noticed rediculous slow down on my 4G home wireless broadband connection, particulary in peak times. I was annoyed, but figured it was good while it lasted and accepted that i should have known better and gone month-to-month. However, over the past week or so, it has become unbearable. My internet has been more or less unusable during peak times. I have an optus post-paid phone plan also, and as always, its internet has a minimum factor of 3x better downspeed. I decided to have a poke around my modem and see if modifying frequency bands would change anything; it made some slight improvements, at least to the point that i could now use my internet. I then switched the APN from ltebroadband to connect, the same APN that my phone uses. This gave me internet to the same level as my phone. So, my question is this, can i run my home wireless broadband through the connect APN without incurring excess charges? Are there downsides to doing this?

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Home Wireless Broadband Unusable

Changing the APN and getting the higher speed means there is less people it seems.

What device are you doing this on?

Have you contact Optus when the situation is occurring to get them to investigate it?

Is this during peak time or all the time?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
ajmorris
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Home Wireless Broadband Unusable

Its on a Huawei B525.

Haven't called optus while its happening, based on past experience with optus, I know I'll get a standard response that they can't see an issue and there's nothing they can do. I guess i'll call them to see if i can freely switch between all APNs without incurring extra charges.

It only happens during peak times which is why I've assumed optus have connected more services than they can handle.

0 Kudos