Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Home Wireless Broadband - Month to Month

[ Edited ]
Drv

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a Month to Month HWB plan? 

Hypothetical Scenario: 

I sign up for Optus HWB Month to Month in March 2016. I paid $240 for the modem and use it till July 2016. In August I cancelled it as I no longer have a use for it (i.e. I went overseas). In November, I returned and would like to sign up for another few months. 

At this point, I own a Optus approved 4G Modem - assuming I am still in the serviceable area and all I need is a sim cart with the apporiate plan. 

Can I now sign up for the Month to Month again without being charge $240 (Modem) + $80 (Service Fee) for the first month? 

i.e. How do customers resume a Month to Month Plan? 

Re: Home Wireless Broadband - Month to Month

caaf

Unsure.. it makes me think the the modems are IMEI/sim locked.. Still one way to find out is to stick another Optus sim in the device to see if it works..

It could be a matter of popping into a Optus store and ask the questions as the online service has no provision to unselect the modem prior to purchase.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Paddylee

Hello,

I had the Optus Home Wireless Broadband service when it launched last November.

I purchased the router outright and was on a month to month plan.

Cancelled the service earlier this year and used an Optus Mobile Broadband SIM in the device (its not locked to a sim or carrier)

Called up to get a sim only Home Wireless plan (200GB now) and was sent and charged just for the SIM.

Its working fine, no issues at all.

From time to time I put in one of my Optus mobile shared data sims as i need a bit more speed (130Mbit vs 12) then switch back.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

dupa

Do you mean that if one gets Mobile Wireless Broadband (200gb) the maximum speed is 12Mbps? On the other hand if someone gets a standard data one get get much better speed out of this modem?

Paddylee

2 Different products

Optus Home Wireless Broadband

200Gb data, speed is limited to 5/1 or 12/1 depending on the local tower, restricted to single optus supplied router.

Optus Mobile Broadband

up to 140Gb on a single plan, no speed limiting, bring your own device or buy one through Optus

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos