Searching...

Re: Home Wireless Broadband FAQ's

Geoff146

thanks everyone for your input...finally spoke to a tech from optus today and fixed the issue..YOU CAN'T GET FETCHTV ON HOMEL WIRELESS BROADBAND//// .when i signed up for yes  fetchtv  explained to the sales person i have very little signal on my home wireless broadband..and none on my mobile phone ,unless i drive 8kms into town  and was told numerous times to ring the tech and explain what is happening..drive the 8 kms  to get phone signal and get told you need to try this and that ,drive home again.and tried every day ...8 trips for phone signal...12 calls to optus (over 200 minutes on hold mostly))(, and 8 resets  and full resets ,to finally be told today you need to get a phone line put in...i asked him if optus will do that seeing that the closest connection is 7 kms away (there answer wqas ring the sales team))....you would think that sales and techs would talk to each other or at least keep updated ....thanks again for the ideas that the yes crowd supplied

[ Edited ]
BOBCOCH

PLEASE REVIEW MY ACCOUNT SINCE THE 18 JUNE - GIVEN THAT IT TOOK YOU 7 WEEKS TO RECONNECT MY SERVICE AFTER I MOVED TO *REMOVED PRIVATE INFO*, AND GIVEN WE HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO DOWNLOAD DATA ON OUR I-PHONES, AND IF YOU LOOK AT THE HOURS I SPENT TRYING TO GET ONTO THE RIGHT PEOPLE AT OPTUS TO GET MY tv AND INTERNET SERVICE RESTORED, I BELIEVE IT IS APPROPRIATE THAT I REQUEST A CREDIT ON MY ACCOUNT OF aud$320. I ALSO NOTE THAT YOU USED MY CREIDT CARD TO PROCESS PAYMENT OF MY AND MY PARTNERS ACCOUNTS [MY PARTNER IS *REMOVED PRIVATE INFO*] WHEN YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY OR RIGHT TO DO THAT - GIVEN THAT THE CREDIT CARD DETAILS WERE ONLY PROVIDED IN ORDER TO BE USED FOR MANUAL RECHARGING OF OUR OPTUS SIM CARD ACCTS - I FEEL IT IS REASONABLE TO ASK YOU WHY YOU BREACHED MY PRIVACY BY DOING THAT 

Toomey

Hey @BOBCOCH, totally understand your frustration. The best avenue to speak to someone for assistance will be via Live Chat. Some of your posts have been removed from other threads as duplicate enquiries.

Your fault report should be automatically assessed for compensation, but we'll be able to follow up if you jump into Live Chat with an agent.

You should also be able to manage your stored credit cards online via My Account.

If you have any issues getting this sorted, feel free to send me a private message and I can follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

HienTran

My download spead is no more than 2Mbps.  I'm with ADSL 2 and my postcode is 6062!  i just switched from TPG to Optus, is there anyway to make it faster?  Thanks.

BOBCOCH

I am requesting a $300 CREDIT FOR TWO MONTHS OF NO HOME WII / FETCH TV, AND INCURING OVER $200 ON XCESS Downloads usung blue tooth to connet to the net on ippads and laptop

i HAVE ALREADY TRIED TO GET THIS VIA CHAT BUT ALL THEY OFFERED WAS $75

Mr_Windows

Hello,

I've read that Netflix isn't included in the Wireless Broadband Plan - but I received an email when I signed up telling me that my 'music and movies' streaming has been activated on the sim card.

Why did I get this email?

Mr_Windows

You'd think...but they are overseas call centres, most of them don't have an ounce of IT knowledge in them and all they are doing is reading scripts and manuals - hence your crappy experience. 

Hannah-L

Hey @Mr_Windows, the Music and Movies streaming offers aren't available on Home Wireless Broadband. If you'd like to send me a PM with your full name, DOB and the service number for the SIM we can take a look into it.

Forrestbeach

I have this wireless system and while it works quite well I still have the slow craptus email...I will waite from 3 to 8 minutes for email to download or send, and of course the bonus is it is never Optus fault, it is always my computer or some other pathetic cause, and yet, all my other email accounts are very fast..I have had my email page time out it takes that long to send quite regularly.

Highlighted

Shauna

Hey @Forrestbeach - I can see our moderator, Dan, has responded to your PM requesting more information. Can you please get back to us so we can help out? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
97 Kudos
89 Kudos
45 Kudos
35 Kudos
33 Kudos