Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Home Wireless 4G speed issues?

Does anyone experience an improvement with 4G speeds as soon as you connect to Optus Chat?

I have had dreadful internet speeds using Optus 4g Wireless Broadband. Often it is 400kbps, and never EVER have I had more than 10mbps.

Within 3-4 minutes of the Optus chat window being open and me providing my details, the speed increases. Not to anything better than 5mbps, but there is definately a improvement when I open the chat portal. 

And did i mention i am 200m from the 1 tower (i can see it) and 300m from another and the speeds are APPALLING!!! Telstra are actually looking much better at the moment. 

13 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Home Wireless 4G speed issues?

What modem are you using?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Using huawei b525
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@brettl  I had a similar issue and it sounds like you need a HLR (High Level Rebuild) on your account.
I would telephone support  you will need a bit of time I spent about 20 minutes all up.
Just tell the support person you have contacted chat several times, the symptoms etc.

I am assuming the local tower is 4G+ enabled? I am 500m from the local tower and when I had the B525 I was getting in the 90s download speed. Assuming  your local tower is not over subscribed you should be getting better.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Moble broadband horrible connectivity

Does anyone have any tips to get my 4g broadband service to be better than the avg I get of 1.4MBPS.. huawei b525..maybe once in 3 mths I've had a day around 10Mbps. It's unrelentingly, unreliable and frustrating. I've I'd 2 SIM replacements and no fix.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. They did that and it's worse. Getting 0.5Mbps.. SIM replaced. Tonight there is no connectivity. It's really crappy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Trying to work out the meaning of your reply.
What did they do?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Moble broadband horrible connectivity

How far are you away from the tower?
What frequencies are available at the tower?
Is the B525 positioned optimally?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moble broadband horrible connectivity

300m from tower but Optus tell me im connecting to a tower >5km away
I changed modem to 2300mhz (if that is what you mean)
B525 has been positioned in multiple places. Up till 2 days ago I have 5 bars, now its 1 and often drops that.
Replaced SIm this AM and no resolution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I went thru with phone support for 60+ minutes. The agent had said they were resetting my account, so assumed it was a rebuild? 

I am getting a callback later today from them to re-assess the problem 

0 Kudos