Searching...
Accepted Solution

Home Phone Fault

nh2

I wrote to to Optus "Customer Relations Group" ,  PO Box 306 , Salisbury South  SA  5106 on the 21st January 2017 and a copy of the text follows: 

Start of Copy:

"For the last three weeks approximately anyone trying to contact my home phone using any device on a service provided by Telstra is unable to do so. It appears to the caller that my home phone is ringing but  in actual fact absolutely nothing occurs on the phone at all , there is no evidence that anyone is trying to contact me

If the caller allows six rings to occur they then receive the following message: "You have reached the Telstra Message Bank Service but you have dialled a number which is not part of this service , thank you for calling , goodbye."

My age is 81 and my wife 76 and as such it is often necessary for our doctors , cardiologists and the like to contact us on our home phone. If they happen to be using Telstra as their service provider they are unable to contact us for the aforesaid reasons.

I have reported this on numerous occasions to Optus Technical Support but as at 1730 today the problem still remains.

I would like to add that anyone calling our home phone with a device and service provided by Optus has no difficulty at all and the call can be completed normally.

This is causing a great deal of anxiety and frustration for both myself and my wife as I trust you will realise.

I have been a customer of Optus for some years and I am extremely disappointed that I have been let down in such a way. Would you please arrange for this fault to be rectified in the immediate future.

End of Copy

Since writing the above letter ( which did of course include my Optus account number for my Home Phone/Internet Basics Bundle) I have been in touch with Technical support on further occasions and all I have received is a Tichet Number 16032076 but no resolution and the problem still remains.

I just rang 131344 ( 1540 SA time ) and after following all the reqrested prompts I received a message which para-phrased informed me that they are aware of the problem , that it has not been fixed , that they do not have a anticipted completion date ,  that if I have supplied them with a mobile number ( I have had a mobile service with Optus for many years ) , which I have , that they will advise me by txt message when they have managed to rectify the fault and that they have no further information at this time.

IN OTHER WORDS DON'T BOTHER US  --   JUST WAIT UNTIL WE FIND THE TIME. -- IF THEY CONSIDER THIS SERVICE TO A LONG STANDING WELL PAYING CUSTOMER -- I CERTAINLY DO NOT !! 

Re: Home Phone Fault

Jax_K

So sorry for the late reply @nh2, and to hear that this hasn't been resolved as yet Smiley Sad Thanks for providing your fault reference number. I had a look at the report. It's definitely unusual that this is still ongoing as our Wholesaler are generally quite quick in resolving these faults. Usually they come back within 4 hours or so. I've escalated your case though and will check the report before I leave today at 3pm. If there's an update I'll let you know on here otherwise I'll get one of my team mates to follow up with you this afternoon. Very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

nh2

Many thanks for your reply it is very much appreciated . Unfortunately as at 1320 today 3rd February 2017 the problem/fault remains. As I have indicated I have been a well paying customer of Optus for many years and this really has been most disappointing and frustrating. I honestly believed Optus was better than this but now I have to admit I am having serious doubts about how much they care about customers like myself. Any further efforts you are willing to make in assisting towards a resolution would be eternally appreciated

Jax_K

I had another look at the report @nh2 and can see there's been no further update as yet Smiley Sad Once they contact us to advise then our Case Management Team will be in touch. I'll be in the office tomorrow morning from 7am so will follow up with you then if there's been no update from our Case Management Team. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

nh2

Many thanks

Jax_K

Thanks for your patience @nh2. I spoke with our tier 2 team as I can see this is still in progress. They did advise that it may take a couple of business days. We had to resubmit the report again because the first one was created incorrectly Smiley Sad I do apologise as this is only going to delay the fix. I'm keeping a close eye on this though. Unfortunately there's not a lot we're able to do until our Wholesaler take a look but I will be in touch with you on here once I have any updates.

Solution

nh2

I tested it today Saturday 4th February 2017 at 1530 local SA time and the problem/fault is no longer -- please believe me when I say I will be eternally grateful for your assistance as it was becoming a real anxiety for both myself and wife . Many , many thanks

Marcel

No worries, glad to hear that. So just confirming this issue is now resolved...is that right?

nh2

That is correct -- I tested it again and all is back to normal -- again , thank you

nh2

I did click "Accept As Solution" happily

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos