Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home Cable Connection

Hi,

I have a home cable connection. For the past 3 years I have had no issues.  Suddenly a month ago the internet started dropping in and out constantly.  

I literaly cannot use it at the moment.  I have logged tech support.  Had a technician over and still the same.

I study and work from home and both of those require a strable connection.

What is going on?  Can someone from Optus please tell me how long this will continue so I can make alternative arrangements!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Home Cable Connection

Do you still have an open support case with us @Lourens?

Could you quote the most recent fault reference number you've received?

I'm happy to scroll through the notes and confirm what they've identified, or what further work needs to be carried out. 

Usually, we'll send out an SMS asking you to respond back with "fixed, or fault," depending on whether we've been able to resolve the issue. 

Let us know and we’ll take a look.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Home Cable Connection

Hi @Dan_C,

Not sure if I have an open support case.  Nobody has confirmed with me whether the problem was fixed. I have not received a sms or call to confirm.  I ended up creating a new case (Ref 20568059) and a technician is coming out on Friday again.    

I believe other people in my neighborhood (2153) is also experiencing the issues!  I have tried to log a fault online, but it refuses to recognize my account number or home phone number.

Any assistance Optus can offer would be very much appreciated as this is having a very detrimental effect on my ability to work and study!

As a 3-year customer who has always advocated the great internet speeds I have received with Optus Cable, as well as the convenience of FetchTV - I would be loathe to go elsewhere.   Please help!

0 Kudos