cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Home ADSL2+ modem reseting its self.

Hello,

I am having and obvious problem here with Gateway F@ST 3864OP ADSL modem from ticking, crackling, clacking and clicking noises coming from the actual modem while it sits on my table I am scared it is going to burst into flames like one modem I had about 5 years ago, asides from this I have also been experiencing dropouts this I have found to be the modem resetting its self it does this every 2-4 hours daily.

Does anyone know of an alternative modem that I can use for the Optus net work that works I have an ADSL2+ line from Optus. I have also read that there are not many modems that actually work with the Optus net work.

Resetting the settings in the modems admin setting is useless as it resets its self and locks me out then I need to do a hard reset to factory to be able to use the modem again so now I just leave it as I got out of the box.

As I say it is not the line it is the modem its self cutting out.

Could someone tell me why the netgear dgnd3700v2 would keep sending me to the service net page where i have to enter my unsername and password and on doing so why would it be saying username and passwrod are incorrect ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Home ADSL2+ modem reseting its self.

Can anyone help me I am sick of this modem (Gateway F@ST 3864OP ADSL) I dont think it is the right modem anyway for my connection the speeds not right and I cant set it to ADSL2+  

I have my own modem  but it keeps sending me to the service.net page where I enter my username and password which tells me that the username and password is wrongupon entering the username and password, So what I think is all I need to do is have the password change by some one at optus, So that my DGND3700v2 modem will connect to the optus network so I can enjoy my full ADSL2+ connection. 

Any takers on that post  

Now I guess all I need to do is get someone at optus to listen to me and actually do what I want them to do for me I guess thats going to be the hardest part is getting some one to change that password for me.

Can someone help me out with this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

The username and password you need to use are your OptusNet credentials. The username should appear on your bill and you can reset the password via My Account → Internet & Email: Username & Password Help.

If you have any issues with My Account, please call 24/7 Tech Support on 1300300041 who can SMS a new one to you. If required, they can also open a case to investigate your issues and organise a new modem if required.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I accepted this solution as correct because this solution worked for me, Now I am online with my DGND3700v2 router no more click clack tick or snap crakle n pop from the optus router complete silence.

Till next time just enjoy life as you never know when your time is up.

0 Kudos