cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Goldie5723
New Contributor

Re: HiSense error msg caused by Optus Modem

Thanks for this yes it does fix the locking problem but whats the point of  a smart TV if you can,t access internet etc. I was told today that if  you connect via ethernet cable problem may not exist. But have not tried this option or option of a non Optus modem yet.

0 Kudos
New Contributor TyiZeak
New Contributor

Same here, and by the looks of it Optus are not going to find a fix for this issue.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @TyiZeak,

The most recent ticket we'd raised for this one is 15523036. The last remark left on this ticket was back on the 20/9/17. They'd advised that there is no planned firmware update for our Sagemcom modem to address this issue. The ticket was updated with another individual case on the 10th of October but there hasn't been an update since.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Phil77
New Contributor

I connected optus NBN today and I'm having the same issue with my Hisense smart TV,  I take it from the time this thread has been going, the issue hasn't been resolved.  Will my fetch TV work when it arrives? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mickle
Occasional Contributor

Sometimes it will work, but in my experience almost every time you turn on the tv you get the error message. Doesn't affect the fetch tv except that the stupid error message comes up on the tv. 

Basically the tv is the problem, No issue with the fetch TV box. I have since moved the box to a different tv in the house as it was too annoying.

New Contributor Phil77
New Contributor

Also, will a using a Chrome cast for streaming Netflix, YouTube etc bypass this problem. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Oxxy
New Contributor

Hey guys i seem to find a solution that works!

when the message keep popping up if you can try get into the hisense setting, or keep trying to press the setting button on the remote! Which is usually above the mic, or right in the middle between vol and channel. When the message appear press ok and as soon as it dissapear try to navigate through the wifi setting, click ok and if the annoying message pops up keeps pressing ok until you can turn off the wifi.. once you turn off the wifi wait 1-2 second and turn it on again and it should now work fine until it does it again the next time/later on your turn on the tv! HOPE THIS HELPS. Please give kudos and confirmation if it helps you so more people with this problem see this post/solution! Cheers 

Top Contributors