cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: HiSense error msg caused by Optus Modem

Thanks @timstar - I've been advised that a new modem more than likely won't resolve the issue however we have been successful in forcing through a firmware update. Our Networks guys have been working on a new version which is due to be released in the next couple of months however we have been authorised to push this through prematurely to those affected by this issue. 

Everyone's welcome to send me a PM with your full names, DOBs and account numbers so we can arrange for this 🙂

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor timstar
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sam, I've PM'd you. 

Cheers,

Tim

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Tim! Apologies for the delay, I've just picked this up and will chat with you there 🙂 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor breeharvey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sam,

Any update for me. I private messaged you 11 days ago, and according to the mail system, it is still unread. 

I must say it is extremely frustrating when we follow all the correct channels for support but must prompt and push every step of the way.

I can't fathom a support system that isn't bound by some sort of standard regarding response time to messages... especially when we were asked to PM.

Yesterday you picked up Timstar's message, but only after he prompting. Wouldn't the next step be seeing who else PM'd you regarding the issue, considering there has been quite a few of us discussing it with you....

If I could bill Optus back for all the time I have spent sorting things out and chasing things up I don't think I would need to pay a bill again for the next 3 years!!!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @breeharvey, I do apologise for the delay getting back to you here - we've been incredibly busy and we're getting back to everyone as soon as we can.

If you do need urgent assistance, we'd also recommend giving our Faults team a call on 13 13 44 as we're not monitoring this forum 24/7 - I've just picked up your PM and we'll chat there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor teresag
New Contributor

Hello, I have just contacted Optus regarding this problem and ticket number 15523036 and all I was told is that they are still working on the problem and for me not to turn my modem off.  From this post the problem has been going since March 2016 to date so what are customers supposed to do who cannot operate their smart tv's?

I have been an Optus customer for over 20 years and the service and support seems to be getting worse not better.

Any solutions or steps to take seeing that obtaining a new modem doesn't work?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lenr35
New Contributor

My name is Len Rixon account no.80991173500128.

I am 81and want use my fetch tv but am getting fed up with having to continually  get on my hands and knees to swith the the Hi Sense tv and Fetch off and then back on to try and get it to work.

Last night was the last straw as no matter what i do it wont work!!!!!! if you cant fix it tell me so i can go elsewher.

I am fed up with the continual stories i have been fed which havent fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mickle
Occasional Contributor

Dear Moderators,

Is there a fix for this yet? I just got Optus NBN a week ago and have the same issue with my Hisense TV bringing up the "com.google.tv.discovery" error.  By looking at the history of this thread and seeing its been ongoing for over a year with no apparent resolution, why was I not asked if I had a Hisense TV when your team was signing me up for your product? You know there is a problem and chose to ignore it. I have had nothing but problems with your support team with various issues while trying to get my NBN to work and now it is finally working I keep getting this error on my Hisense TV.

Please respond ASAP so I can get this fixed, or compensated for not being able to use the full functionality of your service due to you misleading me when I signed up. By misleading me I mean you knew there was an issue and failed to ask the simple question of what type of TV I own.

Regards,

Christopher Mickle

order confirmation Number for my account - 61940209.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Goldie5723
New Contributor

Hi has a fix been finalised as I am a new user of Optus NBN and have same problem. I have talked to Hisence and they gaye me a Ticket No. of 15523036 and the one on this chat site is 15278074 going back over 12 months.

I spent over two hours on phone to optus (tech support and others) and all said it was not their resopnsability they finallt passed me to Optus premium support who wanted a min of $90 to fix issue this should not be the case if optus are aware of the issue and continue to send out modems with this issue without warning customers.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JayLao
New Contributor

I got same issue.

If you have the power adapter , just turn off (disable) the Wifi scan in HiSense TV will solve the issue.

0 Kudos