cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Moderator Shauna

Re: HiSense error msg caused by Optus Modem

@Mos_2001 I've checked the fault ticket and can see that it's still being worked on. I'd advise chatting with the faults department on 13 13 44 and quoting the fault number 15523036. They will be able to provide you with further info. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor timstar
Occasional Contributor

Don't suppose there has been any update on this?
Its now been 7 months since I originally logged my ticket without an update. 
I can't use my smart TV with my NBN service.. will optus be providing some kind of discount for those of us who can't actually make use of the service being provided by Optus due to an issue with the hardware provided?

Occasional Contributor breeharvey
Occasional Contributor

I've been watching this keenly for months now.

Got to say not happy (although that has been an all to common occurence in my dealings with Optus to date)... I have 2 smart TV's that I can't use... The message will not go away unless it is disconnected from the network, making my TV dumb... 

Perhaps users affected should be compensated the difference between a regular and smart TV since that is what you have essentially done to us....

And lets not even get started with how long your modems take to boot. I was forced to abandon my much better modem to be able to use my existing phones (something I was ASSURED I wouldn't have to do) only to now lose my TV's functionality!

The lack of response is ridiculous. You surely have KPI's and SLA's to meet. It seems this ticket sits parked in a queue for months until another users questions it... It shouldn't need constant prompting to continue to resolve an issue. That is not how helpdesk support and good customer service work. In 9 months this ticket should have been escalted about 20+ times. And if that was the case I can assure you it would be fixed by now!

New Contributor Mos_2001
New Contributor

I couldn't agree more. It is about time Optus fixed this issue and posted the resolution here or admit that it can/will not be fixed.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well I have some positive news for those affected by this issue. 

After politely making my concerns public via the Optus facebook page, I was contacted by a senior engineer who acknowledged it is a bug in the old version of the Sagemcom F@ST 3864 and he's sending me an upgraded modem for free, assuring this will resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

That's awesome news.

Now can we get an Optus tech on here to confirm that and let us know the process for the replacement modem, because I would love to have the functionality back in my 2 TV's!

Optus... we are waiting on you 🙂

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Please see Timstar's message from this morning.

An Optus tech said it was an issue with the modem and is replacing.

I would like to get mine replaced ASAP also. Please let me know how I go about this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
New Contributor Vinode
New Contributor

Yes, same here, please advise how to replace the modem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey there @timstar, are you able to post your individual fault reference number so I can take a look? I've had a look at the network ticket and can't see that a fix has been implemented. If I can confirm with the Case Management rep who advised this I'll be able to double check the validity of the fix. If the issue was with a firmware version and there's since been an update, your modems should automatically update with the latest firmware. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well so far the fix that I was provided (an updated modem) has been unsuccessful.
Atleast when connecting over wifi I still get the same issue. I will try connecting via ethernet tonight to see if that has changed however I suspect it will be the same result.

The reference numbers I have are:

Your referral ID is 23069

0 Kudos