Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Help please with settings for Optus email

Hey @pndinter, can you go into "Outgoing server" in Settings and make sure "my outgoing server requires authentication" is not ticket?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor pndinter
Occasional Contributor

yes it was ticked but when I unticked it I couldn't log on to incoming server as well

The reason why I have ticked it is because I want to configure my mail account with 2 SMTP servers so that I don’t have to change it all the time?

Solution: Enable authentication for your SMTP server

The solution that works for most ISPs is to enable authentication for the SMTP server. What this does, is log you on to the SMTP server with your account credentials whenever you send a message.

So how can I do this with optusnet?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Optus severs only allow access through port 110 for incoming POP mail and 25 for outbound. And just to confirm you're trying port 25 without authentication?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor pndinter
Occasional Contributor

Yes I can do that but I want to be able to send my emails from 2 different SMTP servers, and it looks like optusnet can't do this evem though I can do it for my other email addresses with other email providers

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Thanks for clarifying. As far as I'm aware, this isn't something that we currently support. We only support port 110 and 25, without authentication I'm afraid. 

0 Kudos