Searching...
Highlighted

Happy Valentine's Day - Home Internet Down/Fetch TV in Altona Meadows, VIC 3028 - 14/2/2018

norwayaussie

Hi Optus,

We have a very patchy internet at Altona Meadows. We are paying through tooth and nail for the past 11 years it has gotten worse and worse over years. Understand you have to make some business but 3mbps - 5mbps with frequent down times and disconnections. Can you please get your sh*t together and fix this issue before telecom Ombudsman comes cracking.

Much appreciated.

Ben

Re: Happy Valentine's Day - Home Internet Down/Fetch TV in Altona Meadows, VIC 3028 - 14/2/2018

Yeldarb

Hi Ben there is a big outage this morning that is affecting everyone in Victoria. What sort of connection do you have and what has Optus said about the speeds?

Re: Happy Valentine's Day - Home Internet Down/Fetch TV in Altona Meadows, VIC 3028 - 14/2/2018

norwayaussie

G'day,

We have a cable coming into our house. I have reported multiple times and all i heard was Optus knew about this issue and working on it for unknown timeline (may be for legal reasons) but would say around atlease couple of years.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Ben

tangowhisky37

We live in Altona North and have similar issues. We have the Optus cable internet connection.

What i find absolutely ridiculous is how difficult have optus made it to get in touch with them. Something as simple as chat doesn't work....the software tells you we'll text you a link and you might consider trying again later. Have tried every hour for three hours this morning.

Finding the number is hard enough, at-least I couldn't find the list of numbers on the website which was easily accessible before. When i finally found the numbers using "google" i get told that its likely the phone won't get answered since the lines are busy and the waiting time is 1.5 HOURS......LOL.

Over the last few months the service has just got progressively worse. Find that the bandwidth is an issue at times with sporadic connection issues.  Optus, you really need to get your act together!!!  It's 11 years since I've had this connection, probably time to toss it in the bin and try something else!!!

Cheers,

Trevor

norwayaussie

@TREVOR  - Agree its just not good enough.

I am on $125 plan (internet and Fetch TV) i have two mobiles on $40 plan thats roughly $200 pm towards optus. Seriously Optus you need to have a good look at yourself before you start loosing customers that have been for years.

Appreciate if you can start looking at slow issue i have complained more than one occassion with little or no resolution. Below are speeds i am seeing after i come back from work.

01022018-759pm.jpg

tangowhisky37

Good point @norwayaussie. In-fact i an going to run a few speed tests myself and see how things "shape" (pun intended) this week.

I was at work so didn't miss not having the internet connection at home. Set the family up on a wireless hotspot (old motorola andriod cell phone) using an amaysim data plan and it worked like a charm, infact heaps better than the cable internet connection. Awesome download speeds...Smiley Happy

The irony of it all is that Amaysim if i am not mistaken re-sells optus bandwidth....Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Trevor

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos