cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Google home devices can’t connect

I have just got a new Optus f@st5366lte modem and trying to connect my google home devices bjt when it comes to the wifi part it fails saying i may need to change something in my modem Optus tells me to talk to google and google tells me to talk to Optus. Any help greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Google home devices can’t connect

Do the suggestions in this thread help?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No, it says to use the app I am doing that but it comes up on the wifi connection page “we can connect but your devices can’t communicate something might need to be changed in your modem”
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I've see a few posts here about trying to connect to google home but nothing regarding your specific problem.

I can't even find anything on your specific error message with a google search, which is very unusual, so I can't get any clues to what the underling problem might be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Shaun1985, is it only the Google home devices not connecting to the Wi-Fi? How about other devices like your mobile, computer or tablet? How many total devices are already connected and how many are you trying to connect? Have you checked the modem Wi-Fi settings using the IP address? So there will be a sticker either at the bottom or the back of the modem with IP address and modem login username / password. Enter the IP address in any one of the browser to login. 

You can also try modem reset by pressing the reset button at the back of the modem for 10 secs.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

4 decices connected just through wifi no issue. Laptop, phone, tv and Xbox. Have gone to the ip and checked settings on my laptop but can’t find anything that stands out
0 Kudos