Searching...

Google assistant won't connect

Bulldogs18

Simple question- I have a JBL link 10 speaker, with Google assistant built in. Previous house, worked great connected to Telstra cable Wifi. Now on Optus NBN, simply will not connect to WiFi. There must be a simple setting I need to chanfge. Anyone know what that might be?

cheers.

Re: Google assistant won't connect

SamSam

What happens when you access the Google Home app and try and configure it? Does it not see it at all or do you receive an error message when trying to connect? 

Also, try switching between your 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands on the WiFi modem. Your speaker has both so shouldn't really make a difference but you never know. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Bulldogs18

Thanks for the reply. The speaker can be seen, but as it tells me it won't connect to the WiFi. I have tried both bands,

SamSam

How are you seeing it though? Via the Google Home app or in your WiFi networks list?

When a google smart speaker isn't connected to a WiFi network, it'll start to put out it's own as part of the set up process so seeing it in your list of "available networks" is good but that's not where you should be looking. 

If the problem is occuring within the Google Home app, you might want to uninstall and reinstall it as the first troubleshooting step. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Bulldogs18

Thanks. Just did the uninstall/install thing. Didn't help, unfortunately. Not really sure what to try next!

SamSam

There might be a way to do a factory reset of your speaker. Maybe google that and see if that helps? 

Bulldogs18

Hi, did that, and it seemed to help. It connected to WiFi. However, still stuck- I go through the setup and it fails at the Install Update stage. When I ask it a question, it says the assistant hasn't been set up yet. Annoying!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
87 Kudos
81 Kudos
61 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos