cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
np1000
New Contributor
New Contributor

Google Nest WIFI with Optus Sagemcom F@ST 3864v3AC?

Hey guys,

We are expected to get NBN installed soon (FTTC - will be going with Aussie Broadband 100/40), but are currently with Optus ADSL2 and have had nothing but problems and slow speeds for 3-4 years. Currently dealing with speeds of 4/0.5 on a good day, so the NBN will be a welcome addition. I am planning to upgrade to a Google Nest WIFI mesh network as well (Or Orbi, I am undecided as of yet).

I am aware the Google Nest will work once NBN is installed as we will have the NBN supplied modem, however with our current set up, we only have the infamous Optus Sagemcom F@st 3864v3 AC modem/router with offers shocking performance. Would I be able to install the mesh network now using the Sagemcom modem/router to hopefully get a bit more range and speed whilst we wait for NBN? From my understanding, the Sagemcom does not have a 'bridge' or 'modem-only' mode, and I do not want to buy a new modem now to use with the mesh network, then not need it in a months time.

Any advice is appreciated, or is it not worth buying the mesh network just yet as results will be negligible due to how slow our current connection is?

0 Kudos