cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Getting to know the yescrowd spammer

Just a list of yescrowd spammers with the links to their spam posts. This is not a full list but just some of of the posts from the last few months that are still here at time of writing this post.

Note all the various tactics the spammers use, ranging from the lazy to very sneaky, and from one-offs to dedicated spammers.

Most spammers seem to edit their post within a day (no doubt to add the span links then), and some wait even longer.

SpammerEdit delay after initial Post
dd hh:mm:ss
Description of spam method
CheapCoyote01 18:52:04Hiding spam link in a reply
CorruptCamelNoneHiding spam link is a reply name tag
EdgarIsmael???Standard spam links at bottom of post
Eric008NoneSpamming the same store in 14 posts since 2018
hmorgan405NoneBold spam link in reply body
jesusjavier1859NoneJust spam links, no content at all. That's just lazy.
kayobi00 00:10:24Standard spam links (but smaller) at bottom of post
lixoyij00 00:07:24Standard spam links (but smaller) at bottom of post
MornirNoneSpam link in reply body
natelfi00 10:05:05Standard spam links at bottom of post - Vague attempt at text to blend in
natelfi00 09:45:30Standard spam links at bottom of post - Vague attempt at text to blend in
natelfi00 12:19:03Standard spam links at bottom of post - Gave up even trying to blend in
natelfi00 12:33:07Standard spam links at bottom of post - Gave up even trying to blend in
NelsonPalmerNoneHiding spam link is a reply name tag
neyla1200 17:26:22Just a thankyou with small spam text
neyla1200 17:26:56Just a thankyou with small spam text - Note IP address spam links going to spammers site (i.e. 192.1...
penicag00 00:21:16Standard spam links (but smaller) at bottom of post
penicag00 22:47:59Standard spam links (but smaller) at bottom of post - Spam link light grey
Schreffler00 23:12:42Semi related topic text (lifted from another site) with spam link tagged on at end to make it seem r...
WillieBrubaker00 20:21:28Quotes a previous poster but replaces their valid link with a spam link.
10 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Getting to know the yescrowd spammer

@YetAnotherAcc  Hopefully an Admin can remove their posts and block them from posting. Thanks YAA for the heads up.

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I'm sure they will. They seem to have removed most of the ones I have formally reported in the past, but I know of at least one I've had to report twice before it got removed.

I deliberately haven't reported these so that hopefully they don't get deleted before people (at least the regulars) get a chance to take a look at them an learn if they are interested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks heaps, YetAnotherAcc.

I have removed those posts and banned those users.

@Kartika @Aron_YC @z_hook @Sarah_YC 
Please keep a close look out for these type of posts containing spam links and take the required action.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

Thanks heaps, YetAnotherAcc.

You're welcome. I was originally going to just flag them as usual but I figured that this would be more useful. 

Ray, can you check the yescrowd email as I sent something addressed to Alistar on Wednesday which Optus should look at.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks @YetAnotherAcc, I have notified Ray about the email you have sent.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can confirm the e-mail has been received and the issue raised is being investigated and changes tested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

I can confirm the e-mail has been received and the issue raised is being investigated and changes tested.

Thanks, glad that Optus agree it was an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Kartika 

User PAULY2468's post today regarding OPTUS CENTREPAY has been deleted. Was their post deleted because of its original content, or did they edit it to something that needed to be deleted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC , @Optus 

1) There are two new tactics being used by spammes.

• The first is trying to hide a short spam link after a long valid yescrowd link, as done here and here.
  • The second is throwing what "looks like" botched 192.168 links in nonsensical places in a post, but are in fact spam links, like here.

2) Should I even bother reporting spammers (using the report feature) any more given that there are at least two post that I reported in the past week that are still there. This is certainly not the first time I have noticed this, and I'm not even keeping track of the ones I report, these are ones that I have stumbled across again.

0 Kudos