cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor ZiggyW
Occasional Contributor

Getting pathetically slow broadband speeds(<15mpbs) since opting out of 3rd party info sharing.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, ever since I opted out of 3rd party info sharing, my broadband speeds have been sub 15Mbps, I pay for speed boosted broadband and am getting nowhere near the promised amount, and this has only occurred since opting out.

My latest speedtest result:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6486915435

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Getting pathetically slow broadband speeds(<15mpbs) since opting out of 3rd party info sharin

I certainly haven't. Would be very surprised if the 2 things were related as well

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Getting pathetically slow broadband speeds(<15mpbs) since opting out of 3rd party info sharin

One for the conspiracy theorists? Smiley Happy

If you're on to something they're no doubt also monitoring this forum and frantically scrambling to restore bandwidth to your connection. Smiley Happy

Regards

Peter (I love Optus) Gillespie

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Re: Getting pathetically slow broadband speeds(<15mpbs) since opting out of 3rd party info sharing.

Hi ZiggyW, apologies for the delay in response. Have you already spoken to Tech Support for the internet speeds you have been receiving? Here are some basic troubleshooting guide if it helps. Jump on the Live Chat if you still need assistance. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

All these people complaining (like I have) about paying for a 100/40 internet speed pack that seems never to work at peak times.  Well Optus?  Is it you not buying enough bandwidth or is there another explanation?  Do tell...   😞

0 Kudos