Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Fazzer
New Contributor

Gaming Lag and Unplayable and Unusable

Unusable Internet for Gaming

I hace had Optus Cable(not NBN) for over 3 months now the cable internet service at Revesby Heights has deteriorated to the point it can not longer be used for gaming due to he number if drop outs and lagging. I can pay for speed pack but I cannot see the point. Yes checked cable, done software updates, etc, it is just poor quality internet. When Optus came out they replaced the cable and connectors. NBN is still a few months away from being available to us. I dont know what else I can do? Any ideas. Moving to another provider means I need to go to ASL2+ but im like 4km away from the exchange and the speeds are horrible.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Gaming Lag and Unplayable and Unusable

Hi Fazzer,

Did you contact Optus after they assisted by arranging having the cable and connectors replaced to let them know that didn't fix the issue?

If you haven't already generally the Technical Support team will work with you by asking you to send Speed Test results, trace routes, etc.

Alternatively if you search "gaming" on Yes Crowd you should find other posts from users experiencing a similar issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos