Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor crystalamturner
Occasional Contributor

Future 5G Sites?

My address is so close to where 5G is currently serviceable but it isn't ready yet. I've registered my interest already. However, what I was wondering is that is there any way of knowing what the 5G rollout map will be? For instance, where it'll expand from its current sites? I'm wondering that should my serviceability be too far away if I'm in the suburb it's available but not my street?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Future 5G Sites?

I suspect Optus is not wanting to make the same mistake nbnco did and provide even approximate rollout dates. These dates are inevitably missed due to a variety of factors and left a lot of people angry about broken "promises".

Even inside 5G areas is still hit and miss if you get 5G. There will be another big update to the 5G coverage maps early next year. I think it's a great suggestion though and hopefully Optus can move in that direction sooner rather than later (releasing dates)

Peter Gillespie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Future 5G Sites?

Current 5g band - n78 - 3400-3700Mhz or so - does not have a great range, if your out of that range it provides and their is not another tower within that range then you will be waiting quite some time.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos