cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Frustrated

I have one of the old Cisco broadband modems atleast 3 times a day I have to reset it because my internet is nonexistent it doesn’t just slow down there is no connection at all!!! 2 days ago I spent 45 minutes on the phone to Optus getting passed from department to department to which I finally spent 10 - 15 minuets on the phone expressing my problem stating that I need to be sent out a new modem to get told over and over again that it’s not my modem it is congestion in the area and there is nothing they can do about it!!!!!! I will now purchase a Optus netgear modem from eBay from my own pocket just to prove a point and then I will be leaving Optus for good because I after seeing the endless amount of complaints on here about the same problem I now know that it is my modem and after 3 or 4 years of being a loyal customer Optus was just to tight to upgrade my service....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frustrated

Yes as frustrating as this is I would suggest saving your money Paul as your new provider will most likely give you a modem with the contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Frustrated

Is this with the NBN? Who would you go to? And are they any better? 

0 Kudos