cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor VicFer
Occasional Contributor

Frequent internet drop outs

Six months ago I noticed some internet drop outs, then everything would be OK for 3 or 4 weeks, then another drop out and so on.

2 weeks ago I lost internet and phone line, actually the phone line was dead, internet was connecting for few minutes then dropping again.

On October 10th a technician came to my building fixed the issue, everytyhing working OK until Yesterday.

Yesterday morning I could not read my email, internet dropped out 6 times in 20 minutes.

Optus Support says that they fixed the issue and my modem/router (I ahve my own Dlink) is the problem.

I live in Ashfield 500 meters from the local axchange and I always had good service reliable and fast, something happened 6 months ago and my service got unreliable.

Is someone from the Ashfield area getting the same problems?

Regards,

Victor 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Frequent internet drop outs

do you still have the modem that Optus supplied to you? If yes, then reconnect it and see if the issue still occurs.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I still have the original OPTUS modem/router, very old, from 2005.

I will find it and see if the issue happens.

Now connection is more stable, keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @VicFer, have you got anything in the way of a fault/reference number we could take a look at to follow up on?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

This is the Ref Number: 19390416.

Today I did not see any dropout, connection seems very stable.

Previous days there were several in space of few minutes.

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Looks like 19390416 was resolved back on 10/9 @VicFer, so I don't think any problems would be relating to that. Maybe monitor over the next few days and keep me updated. I can raise a follow up request with our Case Management team if necessary 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor KarCav
Occasional Contributor

yes, that Optus.  Poor service, high cost.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes the issue was fixed on Monday 10th, and worked very well the for few days.

However the drop outs continue, less frequent now.

As I said the service used to be very good, drop outs were very infrequent, maybe one in few months.

Optus Support said that maybe my modem/router has a problem.

I have my own Netgear and DLink modem/routers and it will be very strange that both cause a problem.

Specially the Netgear that I used in the last 3 years without any issue.

Anyway, how can I get my optunet account details to check if everything is Ok in my modem?

Can Optus send me a letter with the details?

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Today the drop outs started happening again very frequently.

I noticed that the other day, I think was last Thursday the drop outs started while it was raining.

This morning was raining and they occurred every few minutes.

I wonder if there is some water penetration issue on the OPTUS equipment.

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Hey @VicFer - can you please shoot me a private message with the following info:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Account number:

Once we have that, we'll take a look at your service on our end and assess the next steps moving forward.

We'd also suggest using the Optus-supplied modem you were given to ensure it's not a hardware issue. It can be difficult for us to troubleshoot when you're using an alternative/BYO modem.