Searching...

Re: Frequent Drop outs - Cable

rkliffen

Hi Dan,

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.  

I have cable internet and would be surprised if there was a problem with bandwidth capacity, especially during the day.  I am in a residential area and the problems happen throughout the day when most people are at work so probably not using their internet, but also during the evenings (when I guess most people are home).

I don't know what a "service report" is, but if you would let me know I will have a look and see if I do get the "session time out" error message you mentioned.

The cable coming into my house from the street looks like it has been stretched.  I guess the transmission level tests you do should show if there is a problem.  Please remember it's intermittent - so may well be working (like it is now) when you test.  If the test could be left to run 24 hours then maybe it would catch a few dropouts.

Roger

Dan_C

Ah, I was offering to check the service stats from my end. I call it a service report but it's not the official name. It's simply a table that shows us drop outs, transmission/signal fluctuations, signalling issues from the node, node congestion ect.

If you'd like to me to check, I'm happy to do that for you.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

rkliffen

Yes please. 

Please do anything you can that could shed light on the problem and fix it.

Dan_C

Follow this URL below and shoot us a message with your details. Full name, DOB and account number or username.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

rkliffen

Thanks Dan.  I have PM'd you.

Funny thing - the internet dropped out again between me PMing you and replying to this post.  It's super-dodgy at the moment.

Dan_C

Bit ironic haha. I've replied back to your PM, we'll chat there Smiley Happy 

78DUSTIN78

On the weekend my internet did not work at all. Yesterday afternoon i could not even getting working with live chat technical support. And after a few hours it came back on. And now my internet is not working again. This a disgraceful service optus is providing. Whats the use of having internet which you pay for and you cannot use it when you want... its unlimited but yet you cannot stream anything or use it when you want.  And even when it works.. 30mbs?? More like max 5mbs. If anyone is having the same problem.. please let me know coz i am going to the ombudsman regarding this!! Had enough of taking days off for techs to come fix the problem which never gets fix. Livechat with no solution and phone calls which just waste your time and causes frustration. I think if i had to bill optus for my time i took off, talking on the phone with them and live chat. I think they would have to reimburse me more than a few thousand dollars. Let me if you have problems so we can get this sorted out.

rkliffen

Thanks for your help Dan.  My internet connection was intermittent from at least last Wednesday until Sunday.  It now seems to be stable.  Hopefully it will stay like this.

I think you did all you could to keep me informed for which I thank you. 

Hopefully others on this thread who are suffering dodgy internet will have theirs fixed too.

Roger

Kitzyy

My NBN is the same. My service was perfect up until a few months ago when I got a red ODU light on my nbn box. A technician came out and fixed it and also “upgraded me”. Ever since then I’ve had nothing but issues, constant red ODU lights on the nbn box, dropouts and it’s getting worse as time goes on. I’ve had numerous contacts with support and follow all their instructions etc with promises it will be fixed yet I’m sitting here right now with my phone on data while I’m 20 minutes into an episode on Netflix with my 5th loading pause stuck on 99%. Some days I can’t even load a webpage, my pc also drops out when connect via Ethernet.

im just about done and ready to call the ombudsman. 

Highlighted

AlexRH

Hey there @Kitzyy, I've just replied to your PM Smiley Happy 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos