Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fixed line incoming caller ID

Hi,

Recently migrated to NBN from cable with the home phone included and retaining the same fixed line number.  For the few years we were on cable we had incoming caller ID on the land line.  Now we are on NBN this feature has disappeared.  This link from the support page is useless

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-add-or-remove-caller-id-fixed-phone?answerId=1662... to Add or Remove Caller ID: Fixed Phone

It does point to a page that says we now have to pay $3 per month for something we already had.  Can someone from optus provide information on how to get this activated because the phone support menus are hopeless.  Also why are we now required to pay $3 per month for this very simple feature that was standard up until now?

Cheers

2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fixed line incoming caller ID

Hi @NickB5150,  Call the service number or Chat - it took a couple of minutes for Optus to push some buttons and then a few minutes later it was working fine.  No I can screen when my mother calls...  Vince

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fixed line incoming caller ID

ha thanks mate - that's exactly what I use it for.

I've tried calling a couple of times but the options I choose just lead me to getting a txt link to some useless instructions.  Live chat hasn't connected the last few times I've tried.  I'll just have to keep trying I suppose.  I'm not paying the $3 out of principle though.

My god I feel pity for people who have serious problems with their internet because the support network is an absolute joke