cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor GGwen
New Contributor

Fixed Phone Voicemail

My Fixed Phone Voicemail has stopped working. Callers get disconnected without the option to leave a message. When I dial *96 I get Welcome Message and told "to access messages enter full phone number and hash". Multiple failures entering home phone number with/without area code and/or country code . Tried mobile phone number and that was accepted! Wondered if somehow there was a diversion in place so entered the applicable code and got nothing. Fixed Phone Voicemail still not working.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fixed Phone Voicemail

We could go into the back-end and see if there's something strange going on there.

I'm just confused as to why you're being asked to enter a number. Have you gone through the initial voicemails set up in the past?

Upon set up, you should have been asked to enter a starting PIN as well setup your personal greeting; is that the Welcome message you're referring to? 

I'm tempted to go in and remove the Voicemail add-on from the back-end and reinstate that for you. We'd then need you to go through the initial set up I've mentioned above. 

Feel free to send us a private message. We need your full name, DOB and home phone number. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor GGwen
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Everything worked fine for years. The Mailbox was set up with personal greeting, etc. Which is the pin set up you refer to.

This is different. If I press *96 the "nice' woman says:

"Welcome to the Voicemail system. To access your messages, enter your full phone number, then press hash, or, to leave a message, enter the full phone number of the person you're calling".

If I phone home, and no answer, after "X" rings it was cutting out without the option to leave a message. In the last half hour, it is now just ringing, and ringing, and ringing, without cutting out unless the caller hangs up.

It does seem as if a Christmas Elf has got into the back end and made mischief, so if you can reset I can set up the mailbox messages again. 

But how do I private message you please? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

haha, it does a sound a bit like that doesn't it.

Odd that it's functioned well until now. 

Head to my profile section (click on my YC handle Dan_C)

You'll see a private message tab, click on that one and send your details through. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor GGwen
New Contributor

Thanks Dan, I've sent that private message just now.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RFBurns
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar issue now, everything was working fine, & the Mailbox was set up with personal greeting, etc.

If I dial *96 I get the, "you have no messages" recording, & at first if I phoned home, or someone else called, and no answer, after about 25 seconds, it was cutting out without the option to leave a message.

Optus support reset everything a few times, assuring me everything was correct, so I setup Voicemail again from scratch.

Now it's diverting all not answered callers to Voicemail who get this message: "Welcome to the Voicemail system. To access your messages, enter your full phone number, then press hash, or, to leave a message, enter the full phone number of the person you're calling".

Optus still assure me everything is set correctly at their end?

I've looked in My Account & the Voicemail settings for divert selected (no answer or busy), goto this number 0411 000 321, which seems to be the number to call if you want to access your Voicemail box from an external phone or overseas.

I'm getting the feeling that this is the incorrect diversion number, & that the Voicemail System thinks that all callers are me, trying to access my Voicemail box from external to my home phone line?

I've now temporarily turned my Voicemail off, until Optus can confirm everything is set up correctly, & is diverting to the correct number, because as it stands, it's useless, callers can't hear my greeting, & aren't going to bother entering my phone number before leaving a message.

What is the correct phone number to divert to Voicemail, so the system knows the diversion is from my home phone line/number, & not coming from an external phone line/number?

0 Kudos