Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor ask1987
Occasional Contributor

First bill

Hi,

I am a new customer. I have subscribed to Broadband and telephony bundle of 99$ in this month.

My service is started on 17/03/2015 and I have already received bill on 99.99$ with due date of 02 Apr 2015. I was hoping to received bill after 17th Apr.

Does someone know if Optus charges Advance billing rather than bill after the month?

Invoice period is written as 1st bill.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: First bill

Optus are the same as all other telcos. They charge you one month in advance so your first bill is always 1 full month + up to 1 month depending on when you signed up. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Wayneteresa
New Contributor

I notice that Optus, Telstra and Virgin all do this even if you just recontract with the same telco they charge you a month up front, but not once have I ever got the last month free
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

No one ever gets the last month free, you simply get a credit for anything you paid in advance.

If you pay a month in advance from 1st April til 30 April, and cancel the service 15/4, you get a credit for unused time from 16/4 to 30/4 on the final bill.

If you cancel the service 30/4 - theres nothing to credit. Nor are there any charges for the month in advance on the final invoice, just usage info from the previous month.

Ed

0 Kudos
New Contributor ninja_woks
New Contributor

So what happens to the credit? I have recontracted from my optus cable 200Gb plan to the $90 bundle and now have 2 bills, 1 is which has a credit. I assumed that this credit would go towards my new plan?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

If this credit was applied due to a pro rata refund (which I think it is), we can either transfer that over to the bundle or issue a refund cheque. This can be arranged by calling our Customer Care crew on 1300300937 during business hours.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor EricC
New Contributor

you are wrong, no one except Optus charge the month in advance fee.

0 Kudos