Searching...
Accepted Solution

First bill

ask1987

Hi,

I am a new customer. I have subscribed to Broadband and telephony bundle of 99$ in this month.

My service is started on 17/03/2015 and I have already received bill on 99.99$ with due date of 02 Apr 2015. I was hoping to received bill after 17th Apr.

Does someone know if Optus charges Advance billing rather than bill after the month?

Invoice period is written as 1st bill.

Solution

Re: First bill

SamSam

Optus are the same as all other telcos. They charge you one month in advance so your first bill is always 1 full month + up to 1 month depending on when you signed up. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Wayneteresa
I notice that Optus, Telstra and Virgin all do this even if you just recontract with the same telco they charge you a month up front, but not once have I ever got the last month free

Ed_space

Hi

No one ever gets the last month free, you simply get a credit for anything you paid in advance.

If you pay a month in advance from 1st April til 30 April, and cancel the service 15/4, you get a credit for unused time from 16/4 to 30/4 on the final bill.

If you cancel the service 30/4 - theres nothing to credit. Nor are there any charges for the month in advance on the final invoice, just usage info from the previous month.

Ed

ninja_woks

So what happens to the credit? I have recontracted from my optus cable 200Gb plan to the $90 bundle and now have 2 bills, 1 is which has a credit. I assumed that this credit would go towards my new plan?

Pete

If this credit was applied due to a pro rata refund (which I think it is), we can either transfer that over to the bundle or issue a refund cheque. This can be arranged by calling our Customer Care crew on 1300300937 during business hours.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

EricC

you are wrong, no one except Optus charge the month in advance fee.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
51 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos